GAY This S@#$ has to stop

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100925-bullied-teen-suicide

Sorry. They went to the school board 18 months ago. He came out this summer. Still earlier than the day before.

The morning that he died, he told his stepfather that he was gay. Truong said that he had no problem with the admission, and told him that they loved him for who he was.
http://news.spreadit.org/asher-browntexas-teen-suicide-anti-gay-bullying involved/

All I'm saying is the stories aren't matching up. That's why I can't believe the timelines. I'm not saying you're wrong. You could be right. But nothing is concrete reight now.

It sounds by the conflicting stories that the school and everyone related to it is covering their asses like crazy because of all the attention this story is getting. Plus the parents are probably twisting the facts to get ready for a lawsuit.

Since you're forced to goto school until you are fourteen, and since my taxes pay for these public schools, yes, they do have responsibility for the students safety. But only to the point of physical violence... This kid offed himself, his own choice. Not the schools, so not there problem.

Since you're forced to goto school until you are fourteen, and since my taxes pay for these public schools, yes, they do have responsibility for the students safety. But only to the point of physical violence... This kid offed himself, his own choice. Not the schools, so not there problem.

Please then explain the child who's arm was broken or the other child who was shot in class?

I think that's covered under being responsible for their safety...

they're not responsible for ensuring the kids are happy

No one ever said anything about making the kids happy. Seriously do you read in hallucinations, too?

If you think his suicide was strictly related to getting hit, then you're the one hallucinating.

No of course not. Years of torment, however, would put one in a mental state sufficient enough to devalue one's life to think suicide is viable.

Again no where does anyone say a school's job is to make people happy. It is, however, to keep them safe from verbal and physical abuse, to which obviously all of these schools are failing at.

You'd think when he realised he was destined for Hell he'd have put it off.

This is why I suggest training the educators to handle these situations better. Had the teachers told him if he dies without mending his ways he will feel a pain worse than death for the rest of eternity, he might still be alive and more positively straight today.

No of course not. Years of torment, however, would put one in a mental state sufficient enough to devalue one's life to think suicide is viable.

Again no where does anyone say a school's job is to make people happy. It is, however, to keep them safe from verbal and physical abuse, to which obviously all of these schools are failing at.
physical yes, verbal no.

This is why I suggest training the educators to handle these situations better. Had the teachers told him if he dies without mending his ways he will feel a pain worse than death for the rest of eternity, he might still be alive and more positively straight today.

We need moar religion in education. That would solve everything.

so years of torment, yet the kid just came out of the closet recently, and you think the situation somehow has to do with him being gay?

No, but that was what he complained about to the teachers about what he was getting called. Just one more bullet.

so it's quite ok for students to verbally assault other fellow students and educators should not be held responsible?

exactly. they are educators, parents should be held responsible for shitty kids, not teachers.

everyone wants to blame the education system for kids who can't read, behave badly, etc... parents are 99.9% responsible for all of this though.