GAY This S@#$ has to stop

No but you can try. And if they are mature enough to have sex (not necessarily to raise a child, but at least to have sex) then they are certainly mature enough to realize people are different and to leave them alone, or certainly to NOT beat them up.

It doesn't take much effort to NOT beat someone up.
:thrawn: 12 year olds are not mature enough to have sex...

nein, my good friend

any school that has the protection of students as its mission statement is missing the point. their job is to educate. doing so in a safe environment means to protect them from outside forces, not a promise to make sure kids are always nice to each other

I don't even remember, was this kid actually beat up or was he just constantly teased?

Just read through 10 articles. Not one of them mentioned him being hit. Just taunted for his size, religion, and sexual preference.

nein, my good friend

any school that has the protection of students as its mission statement is missing the point. their job is to educate. doing so in a safe environment means to protect them from outside forces, not a promise to make sure kids are always nice to each other

I don't even remember, was this kid actually beat up or was he just constantly teased?

kid in the original story beat up, fights, pushed down stairs. male cheerleader arm broken. rodney, shot during class.

kid in the original story beat up, fights, pushed down stairs. male cheerleader arm broken. rodney, shot during class.

welp, thus the need to be able to fight back. i am not blaming him or saying what they did is in any way excusable, but you cannot expect 12 year olds to be mature enough for this in every case. bullies are those kids that can't be reasoned with in the first place. you're not going to teach kids at age six about sexual orientation just so they don't bully someone

3 examples. there are thousands of fights in schools across the country everyday. mountain, meet molehill

Kids get beat up for not taking showers. For not wearing A&F, for numerous other inane issues that have no reason whatsoever to deserve a beatdown. Is it unfortunate? Yes. Should it stop? Yes. Will it? No.

Dave, in a school of 4,000 students, do you really think the teachers and administration will be able to prevent everything from happening? Or should they only focus on cases where the kid being picked on is gay?

Perhaps you think a court conviction makes you think justice is done. I'm pretty sure victims of violent crime, conviction or not, wish they had shed a bit of blood to make themselves feel better (i.e. justice had been done). Get it?

Yeah of course, but wishing something happens to someone and actually carrying it out are 2 entirely different things.

I don't think Dave is saying that everything needs to be prevented. I don't even think he means to say that gay kids should get preferential treatment. A child killed himself because of pressures at school. Whether he's a pussy faggot or not, that's pretty extreme. The story from the parents indicates that problems were known and things could have been dealt with better. And this blame denial the school is pulling is total bullshit. They need to sack up and take some responsibility. They have a legal obligation to at least try to make a safe environment for kids.

I don't think Dave is saying that everything needs to be prevented. I don't even think he means to say that gay kids should get preferential treatment. A child killed himself because of pressures at school. Whether he's a pussy faggot or not, that's pretty extreme. The story from the parents indicates that problems were known and things could have been dealt with better. And this blame denial the school is pulling is total bullshit. They need to sack up and take some responsibility. They have a legal obligation to at least try to make a safe environment for kids.

Other than saying, don't bother this boy, (Which would bring more problems to the boy) what can the administration do? Unless they can prove it with videotape, they would have lawsuits because of unlawful suspensions. And last I checked, schools didn't have videotapes inside the halls.

Other than saying, don't bother this boy, (Which would bring more problems to the boy) what can the administration do? Unless they can prove it with videotape, they would have lawsuits because of unlawful suspensions. And last I checked, schools didn't have videotapes inside the halls.

I don't know. I've known about this story for about a day. The school had 18 months to figure something out. Is it possible that abuse happening over an 18 month period went completely unnoticed by teachers or other students? I guess that administration is way out of touch.

I don't know. I've known about this story for about a day. The school had 18 months to figure something out. Is it possible that abuse happening over an 18 month period went completely unnoticed by teachers or other students? I guess that administration is way out of touch.

Until stories are actually matching up, I'm not believing any timelines regarding this story. Dave said his parents knew he was gay for a year. Yet 4 articles say, he mentioned his homosexuality that very morning to his parents.

I don't care about when this kid figured out/decided he was gay. That's not an issue to me. In that article, the parents say the bullying has been going on for 18 months.

Until stories are actually matching up, I'm not believing any timelines regarding this story. Dave said his parents knew he was gay for a year. Yet 4 articles say, he mentioned his homosexuality that very morning to his parents.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100925-bullied-teen-suicide

The Truongs say over this past summer, Brown confided in them that he was gay. The parents say the conversation went so well, they believe he went on to confess to children at his school.

Sorry. They went to the school board 18 months ago. He came out this summer. Still earlier than the day before.