GAY This S@#$ has to stop

Except that there's no proof the threat was ever made. All they have is the word of one kid versus another kid's. If they just assume the one complaining is telling the truth it opens to the door for other kids to abuse that system.

And the kid's parents that went to the school to talk about it. But the school is denying it.

And the kid's parents that went to the school to talk about it. But the school is denying it.

The parents don't have any proof either. All they have is the word of their kid which means no more or less than the word of the kid who allegedly made the threat. I know it sucks but you can't just assume an accusation is true.

The parents don't have any proof either. All they have is the word of their kid which means no more or less than the word of the kid who allegedly made the threat. I know it sucks but you can't just assume an accusation is true.

And the kid that got beaten and has a broken arm?

Because that group of people is 2 - 3 times more likely to commit suicide than the regular population.

http://ajph.aphapublications.org/cgi/content/full/91/8/1276?view=long&pmid=11499118

And Native Americans are more likely to commit suicide than any other race but when is the last time you heard a big national news story about a Native American committing suicide?

Also, the methods in that study can be and have been debated often. Having thoughts of suicide are not the same as committing suicide. Statistics show that men are more likely to commit suicide than women, but women are more likely to attempt suicide than men. The thing is, men often choose more violent and quick ways of committing suicide like shooting themselves, while women choose more passive ways like taking a lot of drugs. It's easier to save the life of a person who has take a lot of drugs than a person who has just blown their face off. I'm not sure if there has ever been a study about methods chosen among gay men and lesbian women for suicide.

My boys will be in some form of martial arts long before ever getting to upper grade school/middle school. This way, when someone tries to bully them, they can defend themselves.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
We had two or three kids commit suicide when I was in school.... Was never a big news story or an outcry or anything. One did it because a chick broke up with him, so was it the chicks fault? Should she have been prosecuted for other peoples actions? More importantly, should the teachers have seen it coming and acted like relationship counselors? Get over it dude, some kids can't take it and off themselves, leys worry about the other 50 million that are still around.

We had two or three kids commit suicide when I was in school.... Was never a big news story or an outcry or anything. One did it because a chick broke up with him, so was it the chicks fault? Should she have been prosecuted for other peoples actions? More importantly, should the teachers have seen it coming and acted like relationship counselors? Get over it dude, some kids can't take it and off themselves, leys worry about the other 50 million that are still around.

That particular case was a very quick cause-effect. This kid claimed to have been taunted for 18 months. That is something that can be identified and changed within that time. Reacting (albeit badly) to one instance or event might not be preventable. Stopping or slowly a reoccurring condition, however, can.

No but you can listen in to the threats phoned in after the kid went public with the attack.

for fuck's sake, dude. this is one case where there may be enough evidence to actually do something about. but in the vast majority of these cases all you have is the word of one kid versus another. that's it. you can't expect people to suspend one kid because another says he's been threatened. and guess what: a suspension won't stop further bullying. EVER. the bully will just retaliate even harder and know that he needs to be harder to catch

you keep making this assumption that bullies are going to respond to punishment like you would but it's not going to happen

And Native Americans are more likely to commit suicide than any other race but when is the last time you heard a big national news story about a Native American committing suicide?

That's just because littering has gone done in recent years.

That's just because littering has gone done in recent years.

litterIndian.jpeg

kinda relevant to the thrad

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/30/new.jersey.student.suicide/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

New York (CNN) -- On the evening of September 19, Rutgers University student Dharun Ravi is believed to have sent a message by Twitter about his roommate, Tyler Clementi.
"Roommate asked for the room till midnight. I went into molly's room and turned on my webcam. I saw him making out with a dude. Yay."
Ravi, 18, of Plainsboro, New Jersey, surreptitiously placed the camera in their dorm room and broadcast video of Clementi's sexual encounter on the internet, the Middlesex County prosecutor's office said. Ravi tried to use the webcam again on two days later, on September 21.
"Anyone with iChat, I dare you to video chat me between the hours of 9:30 and 12. Yes it's happening again," Ravi is believed to have tweeted.
The next day, Clementi was dead.

starts count until mention of the gw bridge

kinda relevant to the thrad

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/30/new.jersey.student.suicide/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

New York (CNN) -- On the evening of September 19, Rutgers University student Dharun Ravi is believed to have sent a message by Twitter about his roommate, Tyler Clementi.
"Roommate asked for the room till midnight. I went into molly's room and turned on my webcam. I saw him making out with a dude. Yay."
Ravi, 18, of Plainsboro, New Jersey, surreptitiously placed the camera in their dorm room and broadcast video of Clementi's sexual encounter on the internet, the Middlesex County prosecutor's office said. Ravi tried to use the webcam again on two days later, on September 21.
"Anyone with iChat, I dare you to video chat me between the hours of 9:30 and 12. Yes it's happening again," Ravi is believed to have tweeted.
The next day, Clementi was dead.

8.5 hours? (although technically the bridge wasnt mentioned)

At the college I attended there was a boy who was gay and lived in a boys dorm one year. He went through 2 roommates because they all kept requesting new dorm rooms. The next year, he applied for gender reassignment surgery and asked to be moved in to the girl's dorm (while still having his man bits). The school let him. There was a shit storm from the girls that lived in that dorm, but I guess they eventually got over it. A couple months later, he had the surgery.