Food The Vegan Thread

I make a lot of my own food so I don't worry about it at the grocery store. I just don't like eating out at vegan places for that reason. Too much of things I don't do well with. I would never go vegan and likely not entirely vegetarian (I like my poultry but can go years and not eat other meats without complaint). Personally I can make meals that are good that just don't have meat in them, but a lot of restaurants try to over compensate and give meat replacement products. If I am not going to eat meat, I don't want faux meat either.
I definitely feel you on that. I actually really enjoy tofu and seitan and tempeh, if they're done right, but only a few things work for me as "substitutes," I add them because I like them, not to poorly reproduce something I feel like I'm lacking/missing. but In know not everyone likes those things, and I can understand how it'd be frustrating since so many places make stuff vegan bybreplacing the regular protein with a vegan protein that often falls flat in taste and/or texture (they're lazy and like idk throw some soy in it)

Hmmm. I read that There's some kind of bacteria that naturally exists in meat eaters digestive system that, after about a week, disappears they you eliminate animal products....
I'm not giving up eggs. I do have maybe one a day on some 2,694 grain dry toast. But meat, all the fake shit, white shit, and most fruits absolutely drag me down.

I've just found that plant based life makes me feel 1,906 x's better.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Hmmm. I read that There's some kind of bacteria that naturally exists in meat eaters digestive system that, after about a week, disappears they you eliminate animal products....
yeah something like it makes enzymes that help you break it down

my friend from HS is Hindu and his family is vegetarian, and every time he gets drunk he wants to eat a burger or chicken nuggets and then barfs everywhere :lol: (probably exacerbated by the driving)

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Sorry @gee, I just can't. You are right about the carbon footprint of course, but I've been vegetarian since high school, even before, really. So I've read it all, argued it all, doesn't matter in the long run because if you prove one thing, then suddenly it is a huge worry where do you get your B12, for example (a little cheap chewable cherry flavored tablet a few times a week. Levels normal.)

@august and @Applesauce, l have noticed a lot less soy in the vegan foods, too. Soy bothers my stomach if I eat too much. I like the Daiya stuff, though it doesn't taste like cheese, it does taste good. Also the gardein lime chicken tenders, and the beefless tips (plus the name lol). I like to cook from fresh, so I don't use meat substitutes that much. Umm but it sure is nice to have the choices out there.

(Eggless) Just Mayo is one of the Hampton Creek products of the Gates company. Btw Ben and Jerrys chocolate peanut butter non dairy is unbelievable. :)

/WALL OF TEXT

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Sorry @gee, I just can't. You are right about the carbon footprint of course, but I've been vegetarian since high school, even before, really. So I've read it all, argued it all, doesn't matter in the long run because if you prove one thing, then suddenly it is a huge worry where do you get your B12, for example (a little cheap chewable cherry flavored tablet a few times a week. Levels normal.)
I wonder how many people make the argument that vegetarians are missing out on vital nutrients, but eat garbage food like frozen pizzas and instant mashed potatoes every single night.

Again, I'm not vegetarian, but I love pissing off people who rag on vegans.

I wonder how many people make the argument that vegetarians are missing out on vital nutrients, but eat garbage food like frozen pizzas and instant mashed potatoes every single night.

Again, I'm not vegetarian, but I love pissing off people who rag on vegans.

Yes, heaven forbid I eat a cookie, suddenly my nutrition is of paramount importance to others. :D Some vegetarians do eat junk, so do some non-vegetarians. Some vegans don't do it to be healthy, they do it for ethical reasons, or environmental, or whatever. Maybe they watched Cowspiracy on YouTube and don't know how to cook or what to eat without meat, so they eat ramen and fries. They will fail if they do that for too long, though. You are what you eat.

• Gravy
Reactions: Applesauce
i love fiah
i can give up all meats except fish
does that count?

pls adv

Well, you claim to be latina, which means there's a 97% chance you're Catholic, in which case fish isn't meat, so enjoy the fish.

Unless you happen to fall into that 3% that's heathen, or worse yet, Lutheran, in which case, no fish for you.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Ledboots

@august and @Applesauce, l have noticed a lot less soy in the vegan foods, too. Soy bothers my stomach if I eat too much. I like the Daiya stuff, though it doesn't taste like cheese, it does taste good. Also the gardein lime chicken tenders, and the beefless tips (plus the name lol). I like to cook from fresh, so I don't use meat substitutes that much. Umm but it sure is nice to have the choices out there.

(Eggless) Just Mayo is one of the Hampton Creek products of the Gates company. Btw Ben and Jerrys chocolate peanut butter non dairy is unbelievable. :)

/WALL OF TEXT
I have zero interest in cheese, so fake (replacement) cheese is def not on the menu for me. What B12 tabs do you take??