WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Ugh, if anyone knows the ablutions/strictures of Agile, you ought to appreciate what a pickle I'm in.

We have a scrum master who is fucking worthless. She was more or less foisted on our team by outside forces, and she has the attention span of a gnat, and is basically incapable of doing the necessary work to remove impediments from our work, and is similarly incapable of comprehending what it is we do day to day.

As such, our product owner has taken on most of her duties. The SM is now basically a figurehead that whines at standup and does a shitty game of telephone at our SAFe scrum of scrums (when we let her go unsupervised).

Now I'm getting emails from the PO at 1AM, because that's the only time she has to actually do PO work, since she's basically subsumed both roles, and is part time to begin with.

I think I'm going to go today and see a manager to see if I can take over as SM for my team, or if that's a bridge too far. I have a lot of respect for our PO, as she's one of the most competent people I've ever known, and always seems to grasp what it is we're talking about from contextual clues.

It'll fucking suck getting out of development, but this project has been going basically nowhere fast for a while, so maybe if I can move it along, it'll get me somewhere better down the road.

Ugh, if anyone knows the ablutions/strictures of Agile, you ought to appreciate what a pickle I'm in.

We have a scrum master who is fucking worthless. She was more or less foisted on our team by outside forces, and she has the attention span of a gnat, and is basically incapable of doing the necessary work to remove impediments from our work, and is similarly incapable of comprehending what it is we do day to day.

As such, our product owner has taken on most of her duties. The SM is now basically a figurehead that whines at standup and does a shitty game of telephone at our SAFe scrum of scrums (when we let her go unsupervised).

Now I'm getting emails from the PO at 1AM, because that's the only time she has to actually do PO work, since she's basically subsumed both roles, and is part time to begin with.

I think I'm going to go today and see a manager to see if I can take over as SM for my team, or if that's a bridge too far. I have a lot of respect for our PO, as she's one of the most competent people I've ever known, and always seems to grasp what it is we're talking about from contextual clues.

It'll fucking suck getting out of development, but this project has been going basically nowhere fast for a while, so maybe if I can move it along, it'll get me somewhere better down the road.
your PO is gonna quit/move if that keeps up

you have stated dozens of instances here where that is patently untrue. Unless those are all things that you just wish you did and arguments you won in your head, but didnt actually happen in reality
Of course it's patently untrue. @Valve1138 doesn't give a shit about how professional I am, he just wants to niggle me into getting mad at him again. He's a troll, I'm giving him exactly his due.

It's all about knowing your audience. I'm pretty good at that, most of the time.

Of course it's patently untrue. @Valve1138 doesn't give a shit about how professional I am, he just wants to niggle me into getting mad at him again. He's a troll, I'm giving him exactly his due.

It's all about knowing your audience. I'm pretty good at that, most of the time.
You and @Valve1138 need to just 69 and get it over with. We've been able to cut the sexual tension here for months.

@dbzeag can you please give them some tips?