Pics New toy (paging April)

Also, Duke, can I take a look at your toy next week when I am in town? I love the look of the new Stangs and I have a love/hate relationship with Sync. Worked well, if incompletely with my iPhone but is nothing but headaches with my mytouch 4g.

Yes, but you and chim are not allowed in the back seat. At all. I don't care that it's leather and it will clean up better than cloth.

Just sayin'

:lol:

So far, I'm finding a few really small issues with the Sync and my droid X. My bigger issue is the Sync and my Sansa USB MP3. I hope I can figure out what the deal is with that. Something about it 'not being a DRM playable device' or something. It's frustrating.

Yes, but you and chim are not allowed in the back seat. At all. I don't care that it's leather and it will clean up better than cloth.

Just sayin'

:lol:

So far, I'm finding a few really small issues with the Sync and my droid X. My bigger issue is the Sync and my Sansa USB MP3. I hope I can figure out what the deal is with that. Something about it 'not being a DRM playable device' or something. It's frustrating.

Chim isn't coming with me to Tampa, unfortunately :(

My phone, in USB drive mode, is not recognized as a USB device and therefore doesn't read the songs on it in the first place. I have to control the playback from the phone itself and use BT streaming.

Drove one for a few years.. Will never buy a Chrysler. Everthing on that car screamed "cheap shit!"

No kidding. That's why it's, cheap.

I was looking into just a cheap convertible to tool around in for fun and I just ran into it. V6 with leather and convertible with no leaks for $7K with 50K miles is pretty damn good regardless of car maker.

No kidding. That's why it's, cheap.

I was looking into just a cheap convertible to tool around in for fun and I just ran into it. V6 with leather and convertible with no leaks for $7K with 50K miles is pretty damn good regardless of car maker.

The V6 was ok. the 200bhp was enough to zip the car around. Handling wasn't that good.

For you I'd go with a Miata. Much better car, much more fun to drive.

The V6 was ok. the 200bhp was enough to zip the car around. Handling wasn't that good.

For you I'd go with a Miata. Much better car, much more fun to drive.

Too uncomfortable for cruising. Too small for 4 people. Too small for camping gear or overnight gear. Scarily, the highway gas mileage is similar. And as for handling, how much sporty handling do you need going straight on a highway at 70, or stop and go in town at 15mph? Let alone the insurance difference.

going for cheap top-down crusing fun a Miata is not that great.

That being said, chim and I are looking into a motorcycle and sidecar, so that will negate the Sebring immediately.

I found a really good condition Sebring convert in leather for $7000. Will that work? They're kinda sporty.

that car is a horrific POS. they get bashed to within an inch of their life every year by consumer reports. things like "worst resale value of any car" come to mind

Too uncomfortable for cruising. Too small for 4 people. Too small for camping gear or overnight gear. Scarily, the highway gas mileage is similar. And as for handling, how much sporty handling do you need going straight on a highway at 70, or stop and go in town at 15mph? Let alone the insurance difference.

That being said, chim and I are looking into a motorcycle and sidecar, so that will negate the Sebring immediately.
http://www.ural.com/

Didn't you just buy a car?

Chim isn't coming with me to Tampa, unfortunately :(

My phone, in USB drive mode, is not recognized as a USB device and therefore doesn't read the songs on it in the first place. I have to control the playback from the phone itself and use BT streaming.

Hmm. The Sync should allow for BT streaming and control your phone all from the voice/steering controls. That's how it's working for me, to the point that i'm seeing my phone, in the car dock, change and load applications as I give voice commands.