Pics New toy (paging April)

A Saab 9-3 (previous gen) should be dirt freaking cheap down your way.

Yes and no. still almost $20K but for a really nice example of one. I wish they were cheaper. I could totally see myself in a Saab. I have just the personality.

they reinvented the genre with that car :waw:

Well they're not cheap. Certainly used ones. They used to be the cheapest way to a convertible, but not anymore.

Actually I did have my eye on a Pontiac G6 convert that was pretty damn good, too. Hard top convert for under $10K.

We nearly bought a new Saab 9-5 a few weeks ago but ordered a Vauxhall Insignia SRi VXLine Nav instead. One minus point with the Saab. They come with leather as standard and the leather is in large pieces which will sag quickly.

Hmm. The Sync should allow for BT streaming and control your phone all from the voice/steering controls. That's how it's working for me, to the point that i'm seeing my phone, in the car dock, change and load applications as I give voice commands.

After some tweaking and resetting, I can finally use the phone feature and use Sync to control my phone calls. I cannot use the "remotes" to place next tracks or pause or play. I still have to do that directly on the phone if I am BT streaming.

Well they're not cheap. Certainly used ones. They used to be the cheapest way to a convertible, but not anymore.

Actually I did have my eye on a Pontiac G6 convert that was pretty damn good, too. Hard top convert for under $10K.

you aren't looking for the classic roadster vert. you're looking at boats in comparison. the g6 and the sebring are probably twice the size and weight

you aren't looking for the classic roadster vert. you're looking at boats in comparison. the g6 and the sebring are probably twice the size and weight

Yes, but cheaper and cheaper to insure and better gas mileage and more comfortable long distance cruiser and ability to have 4 people with room to carry things.

I am indeed looking for a boat. Damn I would love a 50's or 60's Caddy :drool:

We nearly bought a new Saab 9-5 a few weeks ago but ordered a Vauxhall Insignia SRi VXLine Nav instead. One minus point with the Saab. They come with leather as standard and the leather is in large pieces which will sag quickly.

I had an '02 9-5 Aero, and the leather was perfect for the 90,000 miles we had it for.

I imagine the leather quality is not as high now.

After some tweaking and resetting, I can finally use the phone feature and use Sync to control my phone calls. I cannot use the "remotes" to place next tracks or pause or play. I still have to do that directly on the phone if I am BT streaming.

That sucks. It should work for BT streaming. That would drive me nuts if it didn't work on mine.