Pics New toy (paging April)

even though it was a total bitch move, it appears you lucked out getting the auto tranny :p

First off apologies if this is a repost, didn't see a thread recently about it.

http://jalopnik.com/#!5792482/faulty-chinese+built-transmissions-plague-new-ford-mustang

TL:DR; Ford used a crappy 6sp transmission made in Hummer's new homeland that is made of epic fail mixed with glass and taped together with twine.

For good measure:

"six trips to dealerships, two new transmissions, three new clutches and 42 days of the car in the shop"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmY2awSCsM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I guess the one I testdrove was a lucky one...? Though it had less than 100 miles on the clock.

I had actually read about the manual transmission problems before buying, but would have bought the auto anyway. Better mileage, and I burn through clutches like Kiki burns through greencards.

After 20 years of driving a clutch, driving an automatic is a freaking luxury.

Manuals are only useful in sports cars if you are going to drive fast and want more control over then car. Else they are just useless and annoying..

They're not even useful in sports cars anymore with the advent of sports transmissions.

Pretty much. They are handy for downshifting speed control, and do give a bit better handling in corners as a downshift into a tight turn gives some good gyroscopic stability. Other than that, it's more just a cosmetic or emotional thing anymore.

Manual trannys are a freaking pain in the god damned ass in city commuter traffic, btw.

Pretty much. They are handy for downshifting speed control, and do give a bit better handling in corners as a downshift into a tight turn gives some good gyroscopic stability. Other than that, it's more just a cosmetic or emotional thing anymore.

Manual trannys are a freaking pain in the god damned ass in city commuter traffic, btw.

Yeeeup.

I drove a stick for five years. Got old quick... Get stuck in stop and go traffic once and you will be done with them.
I actually preferred it in stop 'n go, holding down the brake in an auto is more tiring to me than using the clutch.

Plus I could move slower with the manual than an auto, which made it easier as well.

Only manuals I have left now are bikes and the tractor though.