Pics New toy (paging April)

Btw, when you have a manual, you should go thru your brakes WAY less than an automatic. Down shifting and just letting off the gas makes a diff. I never understood people who brake so much in the first place. Drives me up the fucking wall to be behind someone like that, too.

OMG, A FUCKING 10 DEGREE CURVE, HIT THE BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, when you have a manual, you should go thru your brakes WAY less than an automatic. Down shifting and just letting off the gas makes a diff. I never understood people who brake so much in the first place. Drives me up the fucking wall to be behind someone like that, too.
Yar, those people should be rounded up and be forced to take driver re-training or something.

Btw, when you have a manual, you should go thru your brakes WAY less than an automatic. Down shifting and just letting off the gas makes a diff. I never understood people who brake so much in the first place. Drives me up the f*cking wall to be behind someone like that, too.

OMG, A f*ckING 10 DEGREE CURVE, HIT THE BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, plus the curves built to be taken at a higher speed then what is posted.

OMG A HIGHWAY SIGN! WHAT IT SAY? BRAKES!!!!!!!

I've never understood the "left leg pain" thing with using a clutch, unless someone had an injury or something.

You still use your right leg constantly with the gas + brake.

Personally, I'd prefer a hand-throttle like the one on my tractor, just set the engine at a constant rpm and adjust as necessary.

Because of dancing and when I taught step aerobics way back, my knees are gross. I always got this very pain when I drove a manual a lot. My knees ache very, very badly at times when I'm just stationary, too.

Last edited:
OMG A HIGHWAY SIGN! WHAT IT SAY? BRAKES!!!!!!!

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

WTF OMFG, THERE IS A CLUSTER OF TRAFFIC 1.5 MILES AHEAD! SLAM THE BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. That annoys me too. I mean, you aren't even pushing it if there isn't any squeal coming from the tires.

I've never understood the "left leg pain" thing with using a clutch, unless someone had an injury or something.

You still use your right leg constantly with the gas + brake.

Personally, I'd prefer a hand-throttle like the one on my tractor, just set the engine at a constant rpm and adjust as necessary.

It's true. I would use my clutch way more than my brake though.

But I'm pretty sure all the years of driving a clutch is the reason my left knee was sore all the time. I can say this because since I switched, it really isn't that sore anymore.

It's true. I would use my clutch way more than my brake though.

But I'm pretty sure all the years of driving a clutch is the reason my left knee was sore all the time. I can say this because since I switched, it really isn't that sore anymore.

Your left leg is probably sore because you're overweight.

I actually preferred it in stop 'n go, holding down the brake in an auto is more tiring to me than using the clutch.

Plus I could move slower with the manual than an auto, which made it easier as well.

Only manuals I have left now are bikes and the tractor though.

my brake is light and on an auto i can switch which foot is breaking. on a manual it seems i was constantly halfway on the clutch to keep it from dying or jumping up at 5mph. my left leg would be numb after 2 hours of sitting in construction. traffic never moved at the sweet spot where i was all the way in first gear. :mad: