ITT Recipe Exchange

i also would like some help in planning a christmas menu. i'm hosting for the first time and need some good, semi-easy recipes for a grand meal!

Was Spange's cheesy potato recipe posted?

ummm.. not much to it. I'll make a choose your own adventure out of it..

Idaho Brown Potatoes (6-8)
Softened brick of cream cheese
Sargento Bistro Blends shredded mozarella (sundried tomatoes) 2 Bags.
Softened stick of butter (salted or unsalted)
Jane's mixed-up krazy salt
Jane's mixed-up krazy pepper
Hidden Valley Ranch (any other brand will NOT do)
Large glass dish

Sit out cream cheese & and butter to soften.
Get a big pot and boil some water.
Wash and cut up the potatoes (med size pieces)
Bowl potatoes for 20 mins
Drain potatoes
Mash up the potatoes with a potato masher (don't use a ricer. we want big chunks)
When the potatoes are about halfway mashed up, add the cream cheese and the butter. Mash like the wind.
Add ranch (to taste) and mix in well.
Add krazy salt & pepper to taste.
Sprinkle cheese on bottom of glass dish.
Fill dish halfway on top of cheese.
Cover potatoes with cheese
More potatoes on top and then more cheese.

If you need to make the potatoes right away because fly has to have a lamp removed from his ass in an hour go to (1). If you can wait for totally badass potatoes because fly won't stick the lamp up his ass for another day, go to (2).

(1)
Put your ove on broil and shove them taters in the oven. Check them there taters every minute or two. Shouldn't take more than five minutes to melt and brown the cheese.
Take out the potatoes and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
Eat up!

(2)
Let potatoes completely cool and then cover with foil.
Place in fridge for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
Remove potatoes from fridge and preheat your oven to 350
When the oven is pre-heated, shove them taters in the oven for 10 minutes (maybe depending n how cold your fridge is.
Remove the foil and leave them in until the cheese is melted and a little brown.
Eat up!

i also would like some help in planning a christmas menu. i'm hosting for the first time and need some good, semi-easy recipes for a grand meal!

I can give you my complete recipe list for Thanksgiving along with Gantt chart to help you plan out when everything needs to be cooked for simulateous serving of all dishes.

I can give you my complete recipe list for Thanksgiving along with Gantt chart to help you plan out when everything needs to be cooked for simulateous serving of all dishes.

I'm not so worried about the Gantt chart but I'd be interested to see the recipies.

Just made this tonite, it was really tasty. I LOVE gnocchi.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_30700,00.html

Gnocchi with Butter Thyme Sauce
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Show: Everyday Italian
Episode: Personal Day
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 (1-pound) russet potato
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg, beaten to blend
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup shaved Pecorino Romano

Cook the butter in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the thyme leaves. Set aside.

Pierce the potato all over with a fork. Microwave the potato until tender, turning once, about 12 minutes. Cut the potato in half and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; discard the skin. Using a fork, mash the potato well. Mash in the salt and pepper. Mix in 3 tablespoons of the egg; discard the remaining egg. Sift the flour over the potato mixture and knead just until blended.

Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece between your palms and the work surface into a 1/2-inch-diameter rope (about 20 inches long). Cut the dough into 1-inch pieces. Roll each piece of dough over a wooden paddle with ridges or over the tines of a fork to form grooves in the dough.

Cook the gnocchi in a large pot of boiling salted water until the gnocchi rise to the surface, about 1 minute. Continue cooking until the gnocchi are tender, about 4 minutes longer. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the gnocchi to the hot thyme-butter in the skillet. Toss to coat.

Spoon the gnocchi and butter sauce into shallow bowls. Top with the Pecorino and serve.

We didn't have any Romano and I didn't want to go to the store, so I used freshly grated Parmesan instead. It was pretty good, and simple too.

Last edited:
Awesome, i'll add some of my contributions to here later on.

Venison, lemon roast chicken, various curries

:heart: cooking

These recipes are so not pre-wedding diet friendly. They all look awesome tho.

BTW: What is a gnocchi?
potato dumplings

Edit : Technically its just italian dumplings and can be made with things other than potato. That's just the most common type.