ITT Recipe Exchange

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
I'm really running out of ideas guys and I love to cook. Post your favorite recipes. I know I'm gonna catch hell as I am sure It is a duplicate somewhere in the archives but by the time you look up the old one you could have posted a good recipe by then.

Oh and since theac is visiting once again - I am hoping he will share some of his.

Here is what I'm making tonight: I'ts going to sound a little wierd, but the end result is awesome!

Trout Russian:

I'm not using trout tho - any white fish will do.

6 Tilapia Filets
Breaded and lightly fried - seasoned to taste.

Sauce: 1/3 cup melted butter (salted, stick butted does best)
1/3 cup Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/3 cup chopped hard boiled egg
1/8 cup pimentos
1/8 cup green onions

Fry the fish, drizzle the sauce lightly over the top, and serve! Garnish with green onions.

I usually serve it with white rice - tonight I am also serving asparagus. :drool:

Next???

Dinner done.

http://www.dinnerdone.com/

You guys gotta come with us next time.

F* All you Rachael h8rs

Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Show: 30 Minute Meals
Episode: Get the Day Started Right

Rachael Ray

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: about 12 cakes, 4 servings

1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 ounces, 1/4 cup, chopped walnuts
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup whole milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 really ripe bananas, mashed up
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 stick butter, 1/4 cup, melted, plus additional for buttering skillet
Maple syrup or honey, for drizzling

Here’s a great tip: if you cannot find really ripe bananas, just nuke them in the microwave for about 15 seconds and they will become super soft for mashing.

Mix dry ingredients, the first 7, in a bowl. In a another bowl, mix the wet ingredients, the next 4. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined, then fold in the mashed up bananas and the raisins. Stir in the melted butter.

Heat a griddle over medium heat and brush with additional melted butter. Cook pancakes, each about 1/3 cup, until bubbles form on the top, then turn. Cakes will cook in about 2 minutes on each side. Keep pancakes tented with foil as they come off the griddle to keep them hot. Serve with drizzled honey or maple syrup over the top.

Mexican Chicken Soup in Tortilla Bowls

Cooking oil for deep frying
6 5 1/2" corn tortillas

2 cups milk
11 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
8 3/4 oz whole kernel corn, drained
1 cup chopped tomatoes
4 oz diced green chili peppers, drained
2 tbsp minced dried onion
2 cloved garlic
3/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup shreeded Jack cheese

To make Tortilla bowls, place tortilla on top of hot oil and use a ladle to push down the tortilla for 40-60 seconds.

For soup, stir together milk, soup, corn, tomatoes, chili peppers, onion, garlic, oregano and pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add chicken and cheese. Stir till cheese is melted and chicken is warm. Put tortilla bowl in soup bowl and pour soup in. Eat. It's yummie. I like to garnish mine with sundried tomatoes and parsley.

Thai Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce

3 tbsp butter
1 cup Bisquick
1 1/2 tsp curry powder (I use twice as much cause I like things spicy)
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
some milk

Heat oven to 425. Melt butter in rectangular baking dish.
Mix Bisquick, curry powder, garlic powder and ginger.
Dip chicken in milk, then coat with mixture. Place in dish.
Bake 20 minutes, turn chicken, bake 10 more minutes. While you are waiting, make sauce.

1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (I use at least 1/2 tsp cause, again, I like it hot)

Mix all that up in a nonstick skillet. Cook it over medium heat until it thickens. Usually takes 3-5 minutes. I have a tough time screwing this sauce up.

Dump the sauce over the chicken when it's done and enjoy. I like it best over noodles. Rice is good too. This is my favorite chicken recipe ever.

god, y'all seriously get into some food. i look for recipes i can do in about six simple steps or less. i get discouraged when there are PARAGRAPHS in recipes.

so pm me if you want some good, EASY recipes. :fly:

Thorn Bird said:
god, y'all seriously get into some food. i look for recipes i can do in about six simple steps or less. i get discouraged when there are PARAGRAPHS in recipes.

Aww but those steps are the fun part. I love getting in the kitchen and spending an hour preparing a feast.

One of my fave "takes forever" receipes is below:
Shrimp and Vegetable Pad Thai
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2005
Show: Emeril Live
Episode: Use Your Noodle

Emeril Lagasse

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

7 ounces medium rice stick noodles
1/4 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons palm sugar or dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate, optional
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
3 tablespoons peanut oil
12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup diced firm tofu
1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom caps
1 cup mung bean sprouts
2 large carrots, cut into matchstick-sized strips
1/2 cup matchstick-sized red bell pepper strips
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onions
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Sriracha (Thai hot sauce), for serving

Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with the boiling water. Allow noodles to soak for 5 minutes, drain, and rinse with cold, running water for 30 seconds. Drain well and set aside.

In a small bowl, combine the fish sauce, vinegar, sugar, red pepper, coconut milk, and if desired, the tamarind concentrate, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.

Heat the sesame and peanut oils in a wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Just before the oil is smoking, add the shrimp and cook until pink, stirring constantly. Add the tofu, mushrooms, bean sprouts, carrots, red bell pepper, garlic, and reserved noodles, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.

Pour the sauce mixture into the wok and toss until combined. Cook until the mixture is steaming and most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the peanuts and green onions and cook an additional 30 seconds.

Remove the wok from the heat and season with the lime juice and cilantro. Serve hot with Sriracha, if desired.

Thorn Bird said:

Here's one for ya.

1 Box corn muffin mix
8 oz diced sharp cheddar (or whatever chz you like)
1 Cup frozen corn kernels
1 tablespoon of sugar

Lay parchement paper in corn muffin box's suggested cooking dish. Spray with Pam (yes, its necessary, as it gets sticky). Mix batter together, then mix in corn and cheeze. Bake according to cookiing times on corn muffin box.

oh HELL no. i just don't have the passion for cooking. it's nothing but a stressful headache, and when i get no reaction for my attempts, it's discouraging. :eek:

Thorn Bird said:
oh HELL no. i just don't have the passion for cooking. it's nothing but a stressful headache, and when i get no reaction for my attempts, it's discouraging. :eek:

:( Get in a kitchen with someone who loves to cook... it's a real blast. :eek:

ceiling fly said:
Here's one for ya.

1 Box corn muffin mix
8 oz diced sharp cheddar (or whatever chz you like)
1 Cup frozen corn kernels
1 tablespoon of sugar

Lay parchement paper in corn muffin box's suggested cooking dish. Spray with Pam (yes, its necessary, as it gets sticky). Mix batter together, then mix in corn and cheeze. Bake according to cookiing times on corn muffin box.

see? awesome snack for the munchkin, and i can sneak some shredded veggies in this, too.
thanks! :heart:

Thorn Bird said:
Cooking is fucking fun. I wish I hung out with Alton Olsen so I could pick up some tips. That bitch can cook.

April23 said:
:( Get in a kitchen with someone who loves to cook... it's a real blast. :eek:

now, that's different. i do have fun with someone having fun in the kitchen. i'm encouraged and more than willing to be the one helping and not the one leading. someone else's confidence and relaxation in the kitchen helps calm my nerves. it's more fun to dance and drink wine with someone else in the kitchen, too. :)

Thorn Bird said:

Neither of the recipes I stuck on here take more than 30 minutes to do really. I consider those to be really easy things to cook. I love to cook when I'm in the right mood. I think it's more fun to have someone to cook with.

eileenbunny said:
Neither of the recipes I stuck on here take more than 30 minutes to do really. I consider those to be really easy things to cook. I love to cook when I'm in the right mood. I think it's more fun to have someone to cook with.

Nekkid cooking with an S.O. FTMFW