Thread Crime victim uses submission hold, alleged burglar dies from injuries

Yes, he was trying to catch the two thieves. Instead of complying and waiting for the police they decided to Violently assult the victim. So he had to defend himself.

And despite what every police officer says, he decided to detain the criminals himself.

And if you want to look at technicalities, the thief jumped him in self defense after what he saw the guy do to his accomplice.

And despite what every police officer says, he decided to detain the criminals himself.

And if you want to look at technicalities, the thief jumped him in self defense after what he saw the guy do to his accomplice.

You'd be laughed out of the courtroom.

I'm sorry miss, you had no reason to chase the guy 264 feet. He felt threatened by you, he jumped you in self defense. Your then beating him over the head with the baseball bat killed him. You were only raped.

You'd be laughed out of the courtroom.

I'm sorry miss, you had no reason to chase the guy 264 feet. He felt threatened by you, he jumped you in self defense. Your then beating him over the head with the baseball bat killed him. You were only r*ped.

Your mixing rationality with the letter of the law. It doesn't matter if it was justified or not. The victim was not in danger as the crooks were running away. Yet he still chased them. That's not to say that a judge wouldn't dismiss the charge (as it did this case). But it doesn't show that the idea of it happening would be immediately thrown out of the court.

And how the hell could you get r*ped if you beat the person over the head with a baseball bat? The other issue is one actually happened, the other almost happened but didn't.

Last edited:
raped, then chased the suddenly new 'victim'

in this case, you can not say the real victim was not in danger as you have nothing to base it on. them 'running away' doesn't mean you're now safe.

the burglars were doing this in front of his home, to his car. He ran out to protect his property. He did. And he was attacked. You're pretending you can draw a line and say when the criminals run you can't chase them because 'chasing' is a crime. The guy had every right to defend his property from the thieves.

What you fail to consider is that if this guy wanted to, he could have killed both of them in short order. He didn't. A grand jury even considered charges against him, but none were brought.

All of these events were brought upon by the burglars. No one else.

You're not defending yourself when you jump someone. His friend was knocked the fuck out. Also self defense does not apply when you're committing a crime.

His life wasn't being threatened.

A guy threatened him and jumped on his back in the middle of the night. No telling what he had on him, he's obviously already made the decision to break the law. It's the whole reason he was in the the guys front yard to start with.
If this was Texas they would of both been dead in the front yard. NJ has lame ass gun laws.

A guy threatened him and jumped on his back in the middle of the night. No telling what he had on him, he's obviously already made the decision to break the law. It's the whole reason he was in the the guys front yard to start with.
If this was Texas they would of both been dead in the front yard. NJ has lame ass gun laws.

Or they might have been packing too and your hero could be the one killed.

And if you're aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.

or there coulda been a third guy, or 10 guys, or their moms. with lipsticks and rocks.

the wrestler didn't do anything wrong. The same way if it was a scrawny chick that push him off her & he hit his head & died.

the burglars/attackers are at fault. this isnt' difficult to understand.

Eileen, what me and would do doesn't matter. I don't have any significant amount of martial arts training plus I'm a skinny guy, I wouldn't chase a guy down. I don't plan on shooting anyone in the back either. If my car was broken into and the guys got away if chalk it up to an unlucky day.

All that said, I don't give a shit what happens to the criminals. If one gets killed and the victim is ok, then everything is good. A petty thief won't get my sympathy, regardless of age, race, gender, family background, etc.

I guess I just look at it like this. Once I was a stupid teenager and I did stupid things. I don't know any adult that wasn't once a stupid teen. I never tried to steal a car, but I have friends that did for whatever reason. I'm really glad I didn't pay for it with my life. I don't think anyone should.

Don't leave out the line right before that where Montalvo knocked out the other guy. Regardless though, Montalvo chased them down. He became the attacker. He kept on using force when the others had dropped the threat.

montalvo had the choice to stay in the bushes. but he played the tough guy card and ended up getting fucked up.

ufc fighter 1
bad guys 0

/case closed

I've already said that if this happened at the scene of the crime then guy would have been justified in his choke hold, but it didn't. When the guy chases them, he is no longer in self defence.