Thread Crime victim uses submission hold, alleged burglar dies from injuries

I'll never know. Lucky for me I got the jump on him and was on him like stink on shit before he could fight back. If he would of charged at me and I would of taken his life, I don't see how I could be charged w/ anything.

Remember the second thief said DO YOU WANT SOME OF ME.

He offered some, not the whole thing! :fly:

The point of a submission move is that you get to submit. I missed the bit where he tapped and the chokehold was released. If he suffered brain damage, the choke was held waaaaaaay longer than is acceptable.

The point of a murder charge is that he intended to kill the man. Which he obviously didn't, or else he wouldn't have used a choke hold. He would have beat him to death.

I don't know. Holding a choke long after the person has blacked out could easily be construed as reckless I'd say. To cause permanent brain damage you really do have to cut off the oxygen for quite a while.

The guy saw me, my wife, and my car. I don't need him as a revenge stalker and I was holding him there until the cops arrived - defending myself from his attack and as well, against future attacks from them.

If you fear for your life, from a guy that jumps out of the bushes and jumps you, I don't see it.

Defending yourself from someone who's out for the count doesn't require a continued chokehold. Whatever BS is used to justify it, the end result was completely disproportionate. Anyone capable of using a proper choke should be well aware of the likely result if it's held for say 2 minutes.

Maybe he thought the guy was built sturdier than he actually was. The article said the young guy was an exfootball player. I guess it was all show muscles and not neck muscles.

Legalities aside, no tears for Uhler, no matter what plans Uhler had for college. He planned(or at least took part) in that evening's events and suffered the consequences.

But for Montalvo not being on the mat or in the cage(without an unbiased ref in the mix), I could understand that with adrenaline pumping, it'd be hard to feel someone going limp(then let go as one should) after first 10 seconds of likely fighting to apply the hold.

I'm laughing that people think when attacked that you're going bout legal issues. You're thinking about not getting your ass handed to you. This meat head kid and his friend took him on. They lost, BIG TIME. They played a stupid game and won the big stupid prize.

Do I think he deserved to die? Of course not, but that does not mean the victim deserves to catch any shit over it.

I agree. Obviously he didn't deserve to die and that's a tragic, unnecessary loss. He could have done anything with his life. But as my pragmatic grandfather would have said "If you don't want people to throw dirt on you, don't stand in a hole."

Or something. I never knew what the fuck he was talking about.