Thread Crime victim uses submission hold, alleged burglar dies from injuries

lol liam.

atty: Your honor, my client claims self defense to the charge of shooting the officer. The officer had a gun pointed at him.
judge: Counsel, your client was holding hostages at gunpoint when the entire swat team arrived and drew their weapons.
atty: SEE!!!

lol liam.

atty: Your honor, my client claims self defense to the charge of shooting the officer. The officer had a gun pointed at him.
judge: Counsel, your client was holding hostages at gunpoint when the entire swat team arrived and drew their weapons.
atty: SEE!!!

:waw:

Yeah because it doesn't work in that one single example, then it never works.. UF mindset makes another appearance.

it doesn't work in this example either. The guy chased the burglars away from his property, according to cocqui, less than a 100 yard dash's worth, before the guy that was getting robbed was attacked.

Works perfectly here. As soon as he gave chase and left the seen of the crime in pursuit of the thieves, he was no longer in self defence, but rather became the attacker. Thus the two thieves were acting in self defence.

No different then say, I punch your wife in the face one day. Then the following day you confront me about and attack me. I can then act in self defence while still being guilty of assault on your wife.

There is a concept here which you are simply refusing to grasp. The attacker ceases to be an attacker when they choose flight over fight.

so to you, as long as criminals initiate fleeing from getting caught at the crime scene they created they can claim self defense in any future altercation, even in this case when the burglar went so far as to attack the guy he was robbing seconds earlier.

you know, your justification is clear example that you have your ancestors blood - and mentality.

i bet if he looked like this it would be ok to shoot him.

42882.jpg

what if his purpose was to invoke a citizen's arrest? he should rightfully be able to subdue the criminals then, no? that's what cops do when they arrest someone who is fleeing the scene of a crime.

so to you, as long as criminals initiate fleeing from getting caught at the crime scene they created they can claim self defense in any future altercation, even in this case when the burglar went so far as to attack the guy he was robbing seconds earlier.

you know, your justification is clear example that you have your ancestors blood - and mentality.

That's exactly right. Once they flee, they are no longer a threat. You are only justified in using force when their is a clear threat. Apprehending a suspect is the job of an LEO, at which point numerous other laws come into play.

what if his purpose was to invoke a citizen's arrest? he should rightfully be able to subdue the criminals then, no? that's what cops do when they arrest someone who is fleeing the scene of a crime.

Citizen Arrest is an archaic concept that really has no place in today's society. It also leaves you liable of numerous laws.

clear to me.

of course that seems clear when you are leaving a major piece of the article out. Montalvo chased them (that's one count of aggression), then punched his friend and knocked him out (that's two counts of aggression), then and only then did Ulher use force. Clearly in self defence since there was an obvious threat to his safety..

this.

the goof jumped him. shoulda stayed hidden.

and its NOT self defense when the UFC fighter dude knocked out one guy and THE OTHER guy guy was sitting in the bushes. how is that self defense?
he jumped on the ufc guy. HE JUMPED. heeeeeee juuuuuumped.

clearly the ufc guy was defending HIMSELF

For the record, the guy is not a "UFC guy", UFC is not a sport, it's a company. If anything he's an "MMA guy".

Secondly.... Really? You? :lol:

of course that seems clear when you are leaving a major piece of the article out. Montalvo chased them (that's one count of aggression), then punched his friend and knocked him out (that's two counts of aggression), then and only then did Ulher use force. Clearly in self defence since there was an obvious threat to his safety..

Montalvo chasing burglars away from robbing his property is aggression?

you've lost it.

Montalvo chasing burglars away from robbing his property is aggression?

you've lost it.

Yes. That's exactly what it was, and that aggression is completely justifiable. Yet when he continues after them, that aggression changes from defence to offence.

For the record, the guy is not a "UFC guy", UFC is not a sport, it's a company. If anything he's an "MMA guy".

Secondly.... Really? You? :lol:

ufc/mma same shit diff pile.

the guy who obviously had the awesome fighting skills was clearly the victim.
they dork who jumped him lost. big time.
lesson here is: be careful who u fuck with. they might snap ur neck.

secondly... yeah! me! fuck u.