Thread Crime victim uses submission hold, alleged burglar dies from injuries

stfu-uncle_sam.jpg

Citizen Arrest is an archaic concept that really has no place in today's society. It also leaves you liable of numerous laws.

:tard: so if I see someone committing a crime, the thought of me restraining said criminal until the police arrive has no place in today's society?

guess that makes sense coming from a descendant of criminals

It's guys like you that help enable the criminal.

I'd rather they be terrified of committing the crime because of an empowered citizenship instead of them whining someone used aggression when they yelled "stop you mother fucking thief." cuz they were trying to keep from getting caught.

I can just see the criminals in therapy now.
"The guy we were robbing chased me."
*sniff sniff*
A-A-A-An then he said, 'fuck yo mama!' an jumped on me an tole me to 'stay the fuck still.' "
A*gets teary*
wookit mah scratches!​

Enjoy the lawsuits.

pointing out that there are consequences does not answer why they have no place in today's society. those lawsuits are due to the overly litigious nature of our society coupled with an increasing pussification of the population that makes people think getting a boo-boo and their feelings hurt is worth millions of dollars

explain why the idea of a citizen's arrest has no place in society

you keep making it easy to point out your patheticness.

spellcheck says patheticness isn't a word, but it's appropriate for you, so I clicked "add."

You couldn't point out your own face. Nothing you have posted here means anything to English speaking people. Your Beck channeling is quite amusing though..

no. you want the citizen to have a great fear of lawsuits than the criminal does of getting caught by them.

that's bullshit.

Nope. That's what your delusional mind thinks I want. I posted already that I would have had no problem with the guy confronting them at the scene.

right, in your mind, if the criminal tries to escape to avoid getting caught, let them, and rely on the government, government, government, or beware getting sued by the guy that was robbing you for aggression.

lofl.

Yes, you should not act like a cop. You are not a cop. You do not have the same laws covering your actions like a cop does. And last but not least, 9 times out of 10, you'll come off second best.

Works perfectly here. As soon as he gave chase and left the seen of the crime in pursuit of the thieves, he was no longer in self defence, but rather became the attacker. Thus the two thieves were acting in self defence.

No different then say, I punch your wife in the face one day. Then the following day you confront me about and attack me. I can then act in self defence while still being guilty of assault on your wife.

There is a concept here which you are simply refusing to grasp. The attacker ceases to be an attacker when they choose flight over fight.

He chased them because they were committing a crime. Then they attacked him.

So he f*cked them up.

Last edited: