What would you do differently?

ChikkenNoodul said:
Old picture :p

And we were still doing work in there at that point :D
you gotta love a well done kitchen

I've been watching a few of those house flipping shows, the whole house can look like ass, have like 300 animals in it that make it smells like shit, but if it has a nice wooden front door with the gold plated handle and the fancy glass window, and a bad ass kitchen it'll sell for half a mil :fly:

Pandora said:
Yeah our garage acutally has an air vent so it actually gets some heat too, but it didn't help that night. After we went through that I went out and bought insillated covers for all the ourdoor facets. I don't ever want to deal with busted pipes ever again. Course you know how that goes.... ;)
Busted pipes :(

On the plus side, I've gotten quite good at soldering copper pipes.....

They make those nifty outdoor faucets that don't freeze even without covers, the contractor actually put those in NH and they worked perfectly - and we had some COLD days up there

I'd recommend a gas stove if you can, and a larger than standard fridge space. Under cabinet lighting as well. I just re-did my island countertop in butcher block, and I'd recommend it to anyone, I love it.

I have central vac, and I like it. If you do go for it, they have little kickplates that go under your kitchen cabinets where you sweep dirt to, kick the plate and it sucks up the dirt. I hate bending down.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Patios are nice :cool: relatively easy to put in too, hard part is levelling the damn base

1/4 acre is practically giant in the towns immediately surrounding Boston, we have almost that much luckily
have you ever considered getting certified as a real estate inspector? If you knew somebody that's a real estate agent he could spread your card around - those guys make $250-$400 an inspection and do like 4 to 5 houses a day :eek:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Excellent point, the one I have is in the heated section of the garage

It may be best to not put one in, especially on the outside wall, now that I think about how they do garages these days.

Our garage in NH was the 'outdoor freezer' between November and April since it was usually colder than outside

One of my aunts has a swing that we put up higher in November to make her 'outdoor freezer'. :fly:

pellet stoves are money too

I've got a pellet stove in my townhome basement - I saved a lot of money on my heating bill with it and it requires very little maintenance

ChikkenNoodul said:
Oh yes, a backsplash in the kitchen is most desireable.

Even the washable paint will get tired of being scrubbed every time tomato sauce and bacon grease spatters on the wall behind the stove - that's where I would do the 'real' stone as opposed to the tile, but tile is great too.

It's not a big enough area that it would become too expensive or time-consuming to clean/reseal - we did it at the 'ranch

http://uselessforums.com/files/120505/cnkitaf2s.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

Chikken, there's something I think you should know....

I am [I]deeply[/I]....

....and [I]MADLY[/I]....

....and [I]WILDLY[/I] in love...

....with your kitchen. :drool: :drool:
Now if you'll excuse me I need to go paf now.

Pandora said:
Now if you'll excuse me I need to go paf now.

I thought the term was "squish"?

Kimie's parents have a wood burning stove in their basement that helps with the heat down there quite a bit in the winter. It's something I plan on adding when finish out that area after a year or two.

tre said:
I'd recommend a gas stove if you can, and a larger than standard fridge space. Under cabinet lighting as well. I just re-did my island countertop in butcher block, and I'd recommend it to anyone, I love it.

Yes, we will have a gas stove and a gas dryer.

KNYTE said:
I thought the term was "squish"?

Kimie's parents have a wood burning stove in their basement that helps with the heat down there quite a bit in the winter. It's something I plan on adding when finish out that area after a year or two.
check out pellet stoves too man - seriously

Coqui said:
I don't know where in Utah you live.

We will still be in the North half. I wish we could move to St George, but alas, it is a bit too much of a commute for Knyte (only about 5 hours each way).

The area we are looking at is about 40 min south of Salt Lake.

elpmis said:
:eek: watch out for the biiillllllllllllssss

They will still be a heck of a lot cheaper than if they were electric. Edit, or are you referring to a gas fireplace? My oven/stove and dryer will definitely be gas. I would like a gas fireplace in the living room as well, but it probably won't be used as much as the wood burning one in the basement (when we finish the basement).

elpmis said:
you gotta love a well done kitchen

I've been watching a few of those house flipping shows, the whole house can look like ass, have like 300 animals in it that make it smells like shit, but if it has a nice wooden front door with the gold plated handle and the fancy glass window, and a bad ass kitchen it'll sell for half a mil :fly:
:lol: that's kinda what we did at the 'ranch so far

Makes sense in a way though, the hardest room to remodel while you're living in the house (assuming you have more than one full bath) is the kitchen

kiwi said:
What exactly is a pellet stove? I have not heard of them before.
you drop small wood pellets in to it, and it heats your room by burning them - no gas required

pelletstove.JPG

kiwi said:
They will still be a heck of a lot cheaper than if they were electric. Edit, or are you referring to a gas fireplace? My oven/stove and dryer will definitely be gas. I would like a gas fireplace in the living room as well, but it probably won't be used as much as the wood burning one in the basement (when we finish the basement).
oh ya good point