What would you do differently?

eileenbunny said:
The quietest dishwasher they make is a definate plus. Don't buy any dishwasher GE makes EVER!!! They don't actually wash dishes at all.
funny, mine works fine.

tre said:
funny, mine works fine.

really? What model is it? I like being able to put my filthy, unrinsed dishes in the dishwasher and having them come out clean. With the one we have, you have to rinse and scrub them first. It's mostly just a sanitizing apparatus at this point. Hardly worth it. This is the third crappy GE dishwasher I've had to deal with.

eileenbunny said:
really? What model is it? I like being able to put my filthy, unrinsed dishes in the dishwasher and having them come out clean. With the one we have, you have to rinse and scrub them first. It's mostly just a sanitizing apparatus at this point. Hardly worth it. This is the third crappy GE dishwasher I've had to deal with.

Dunno, it says "Tri-Clean" on the front. It's loud as hell though, but it's got a timer and I usually set it to go off at night while we sleep, or when we're at work in the day. Maybe you need more water pressure?

eileenbunny said:

yeah, at that point, it's actually costing you money and not saving time. We just knock of the big stuff with a quick rinse and run it on the normal cycle.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've had two Kenmore Elite's (Made by Whirlpool IIRC) and both have been exceptionally quiet and did/do a great job washing dishes, even without rinsing first.

In fact, out of all the appliances I've bought in the last 5 years those have been the most trouble free.

ah good to know.
Ours sounds like its powered by a bigass diesel engine.
Cleans the dishes good tho.

Drool-Boy said:
ah good to know.
The apartment we just moved out of had an ancient GE that sounded like that :fly: had to run it twice to get stuff clean, after rinsing well

Haven't tried the one in the new house, but it ain't gonna be good I can tell that

Drool-Boy said:
ah good to know.

Ours is also quite loud, but it came with the place, we didn't pick it. Luckily it does a fair job of washing the dishes I do some minor rinsing, put them in, and stuff comes out clean.