What would you do differently?

My house will definetly be painted in the kid friendly paint. I remember ruining the basement walls in my parents house when I was little.

They eventually put up a huge chalk board so I had something else large and hard to draw on

edit/ I still like playing with large hard things :fly:

*Fuxx Burger* said:
My house will definetly be painted in the kid friendly paint. I remember ruining the basement walls in my parents house when I was little.

They eventually put up a huge chalk board so I had something else large and hard to draw on

edit/ I still like playing with large hard things :fly:

They have both metallic paint and chalkboard paint now. I will have a portion of the playroom area wall painted with it, it will be cool.

Pandora said:
We use to have one in our garage, until the hose line to the facet busted open one cold winter morning....even tho I left it dripping the night before. While we were at work that day it managed to blast away half of the wall away between it and our laundry room, and SOAK our bonus room carpet. Now we no longer have a sink in the garage.
Excellent point, the one I have is in the heated section of the garage

It may be best to not put one in, especially on the outside wall, now that I think about how they do garages these days.

Our garage in NH was the 'outdoor freezer' between November and April since it was usually colder than outside

Oh yes, a backsplash in the kitchen is most desireable.

Even the washable paint will get tired of being scrubbed every time tomato sauce and bacon grease spatters on the wall behind the stove - that's where I would do the 'real' stone as opposed to the tile, but tile is great too.

It's not a big enough area that it would become too expensive or time-consuming to clean/reseal - we did it at the 'ranch

cnkitaf2s.JPG

ChikkenNoodul said:

Even the washable paint will get tired of being scrubbed every time tomato sauce and bacon grease spatters on the wall behind the stove - that's where I would do the 'real' stone as opposed to the tile, but tile is great too.

It's not a big enough area that it would become too expensive or time-consuming to clean/reseal - we did it at the 'ranch

cnkitaf2s.JPG

I hate you.

That is one nice kitchen. :drool:

From what I've heard from people, be a stickler for details during the construction otherwise it will take a year to get that slight change or fix done.

Coqui said:
From what I've heard from people, be a stickler for details during the construction otherwise it will take a year to get that slight change or fix done.
Yep, ya gots to watch 'em like a hawk - and you'll never get most of your fixes done at all

They will screw up things of course, and you can use that yo get free stuff out of 'em - like rooms painted in different colors, sections of hardwood, etc.

ChikkenNoodul said:

cnkitaf2s.JPG
take the fucking seal off the fridge you ghetto bitch

nice kitchen :D

ChikkenNoodul said:
If you're remotely handy, you can also build a nicer deck than they will for a fourth of what they will charge

I don't plan on putting a deck in, I would rather have a nice little patio (with the stained patterned concrete most likely) with a pergola above it, and than grass, lots and lots of grass.

We will be getting about 1/4 acre, not huge, but a good size for a city lot, I am excited.

I have to stop talking or thinking about this cause if it doesn't happen this year and I have to wait till next spring, I'll drive myself insane.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Excellent point, the one I have is in the heated section of the garage

It may be best to not put one in, especially on the outside wall, now that I think about how they do garages these days.

Our garage in NH was the 'outdoor freezer' between November and April since it was usually colder than outside

Yeah our garage acutally has an air vent so it actually gets some heat too, but it didn't help that night. After we went through that I went out and bought insillated covers for all the ourdoor facets. I don't ever want to deal with busted pipes ever again. Course you know how that goes.... ;)

kiwi said:
I don't plan on putting a deck in, I would rather have a nice little patio (with the stained patterned concrete most likely) with a pergola above it, and than grass, lots and lots of grass.

We will be getting about 1/4 acre, not huge, but a good size for a city lot, I am excited.

I have to stop talking or thinking about this cause if it doesn't happen this year and I have to wait till next spring, I'll drive myself insane.
Patios are nice :cool: relatively easy to put in too, hard part is levelling the damn base

1/4 acre is practically giant in the towns immediately surrounding Boston, we have almost that much luckily