This Was A LOT of Work - Pad Thai

:waw:

What about a big Sunday dinner.

Do you polish and prep a Glock for 30 secs because that's about the total time the gun would be in action, right?

It's about the journey, not the destination.

First, I don't clean guns db, that's what Knyte is for. ;)

I don't like to cook. If it's a yummy treat I don't mind it, but as for making stupid breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday, I'd be more then happy to pay someone else to do it all. Our big sunday dinners consist of things I can throw in the crock pot or in a pan in the oven with little prep. I'd much rather spend my time doing other things.

I don't like to cook. If it's a yummy treat I don't mind it, but as for making stupid breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday, I'd be more then happy to pay someone else to do it all. Our big sunday dinners consist of things I can throw in the crock pot or in a pan in the oven with little prep. I'd much rather spend my time doing other things.

www.dinnerdone.com

You can even take the kids and have them help!

I've looked into those places but they are expensive. I keep pretending like I'm going to do my own, but haven't yet. I'll most likely just stick with my 30 min type meals.

FWIW, most of the meals actually break up into 2-4 family meals. They are hueg.

I only cook recipes that take a total of 30 min or less. We aren't going to spend any longer eating it, so why spend more time cooking it.

QFMFT.

QFMFT. i hate missing out on the good stuff while having to PREPARE some stupid FOOD that no one's going to really enjoy or even taste...it's a CHORE, i HATE it, and april come work for me!!!!

i hate missing out on the good stuff while having to PREPARE some stupid FOOD that no one's going to really enjoy or even taste...it's a CHORE, i HATE it, and april come work for me!!!!

What do you mean by missing out on the good stuff?

Why is that lame? Dinnertime goes like this. Cook while trying to keep screaming kids out of the kitchen, get everyone set up at the table, get food on kids plates, try to bribe them to eat it (Knyte's done at this point), pick food up off the floor, get up to refill drinks, sit back down, put food on your plate, get up for some other completely random object that someone needs, pick up more food off of the floor, try to get the kids to eat 3 more bites, take a bite of your food, get frustrated, kick kids out of the kitchen, sit back down, finally eat your cold meal by yourself while listening to kids run around and scream, clear the table and do the dishes. That activity hardly warrants spending quality time preparing.

What do you mean by missing out on the good stuff?

interaction; socialization. it might be easier if i had an open floor plan in the home, but the kitchen is all by its lonely.

i hate that i don't enjoy it, but i don't. and having to think about food, nutritious food that's different every time, five times a day gets old.

And who doesn't enjoy good, well prepared food?

oh i do, when i didn't cook it. i don't have confidence in my cooking, so i don't like the way it tastes. and i spend my time worrying about everybody else.

my mother's pb&j tastes better than the one i make, and that's not exaggerating. it's just the way it is.

oh i do, when i didn't cook it. i don't have confidence in my cooking, so i don't like the way it tastes. and i spend my time worrying about everybody else.

my mother's pb&j tastes better than the one i make, and that's not exaggerating. it's just the way it is.

I used to have the same mentality you do, but after meeting Zac and the both of us picking up cooking as a hobby it has become incredibly enjoyable.

We watch Food Network 80% of the time the TV is on and are still learning. :)

interaction; socialization. it might be easier if i had an open floor plan in the home, but the kitchen is all by its lonely.

i hate that i don't enjoy it, but i don't. and having to think about food, nutritious food that's different every time, five times a day gets old.

It's a bit different for me, I guess. I pick up my son on my way home from work (he's just over two), and he actually helps me make dinner, whether it's grabbing something out of the cupboard or just looking into the oven watching stuff. He likes to stir things, and I help him identify ingredients. Sure it often ends up in a mess, but he has fun, and I get to spend that time with him, instead of plopping him down in front of the TV while I cook. When the wife gets home, she takes care of him while I spend the last 20 minutes or so at the stove and plating.

edit: he doesn't always eat everything, but he at least tries a bit of everything.