WTF The Nike Fuelband - or Why the Mayans Should Have Been Right

I would like to point out that in my original post I was using children: if-chores then-playtime as an example of positive reinforcement and not that it was meant to be the exact same system that the fuelband uses.

I would like to point out that in my original post I was using children: if-chores then-playtime as an example of positive reinforcement and not that it was meant to be the exact same system that the fuelband uses.
So you're really a Nike engineer?

honestly all this reinforcement talk really depends on the person and the the task... breaking a habit honestly works better with negative reinforcement but that is very out of style right now

the top two reasons people finally quite cigs are the smell and the cost...more so than say health because it a tangible negative in their lives that quickly reverses

First, people professing love for bacon is played out and dumb. Everyone likes bacon, shut the fuck up already.

Second, while cheesy the Fuelband isn't a bad idea. If it keeps people moving and trying to get fit I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever. A lot of people can't keep a regular exercise regime so if this gives them incentive to get up off their fat ass and move around then I hope it sells 200 million units.

Last edited:
While I agree with your side of the argument you need to chill the fuck out.

I just reflect what I get. Ignore me completely or discuss my ideas rationally and respectfully. Dismiss them out if hand as worthless without actually explaining your thoughts on the matter or without elaborating on why I am wrong and you can go fuck yourself.

Note: this is not directed at you, but my general thoughts about discussions.

How did you get that from what I said?
I am someone who knows a little bit about human behavior and what can change it, that is all.
Blatant stab in the dark.

Tell me what you know about human behavior. I like to learn. I have a job that pays me to learn.

Hey faggots, what's going on in this faggoty-ass faggot?

Trendy sports bands are for faggots.

Also, stop the arguing faggotry and acting like a bunch of faggots.