Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Who's got good kitchen cabinet organization gear? Like the drawers that pull out of cabinets and stuff (rev-a-shelf, etc)

Every material has a rate at which it cools down or warms up

If you can fill any dead space with something that holds its temp, you won't lose as much when it is hot out.
The outside surface is still going to be the recipient of the leaking cooling. So granted it would sweat longer with more thermal mass inside but the sweating wouldn't be reduced.

"Every material has a rate at which it cools down or warms up" - rate of exchange is dependent upon temperature differential/difference between two materials. No material has a set rate of cooling or heating. If the difference is low, rate of exchange low. If the difference is raised, rate of exchange increases. Roughly a double of transfer rate for every 10 degrees (cel.!) of difference between the two. Also depends on their material state(liquid,gas,solid) at time.

Last edited:
Because you did a bad job of explaining how full it is, and didn't understand what I was saying.
Also, it has a big ass can of CO2 gas in it, which isnt that cash money.
The CO2 isn't that large, it's like... a third of a keg in size.

It's SO FUCKING tight inside the keezer, I'd get a picture to show you guys so you can STFU already about the temperature inside.

What, if anything, do you have other than kegs in there?

If you cant increase the R value, you may be able to increase the amount of "cold" that you retain within the keezer.
Not worried about the efficiency part, that's fine. In the middle of the humid summer, the taps AND the 2x8s sweat. I'd like to stop that.

Not worried about the efficiency part, that's fine. In the middle of the humid summer, the taps AND the 2x8s sweat. I'd like to stop that.
More insulation on the inside for the 2X8s. The taps are kind of hard considering they are attached to hoses filled with cold liquids. Unless you want to make them "tap-socks"(trademark pending :) ) to insulate them. That was not meant as a joke but yeah it would look pretty goofy.

I'd imagine that with that amount of humidity and the taps being metal going through the insulation & wood it's still going to transfer some of the cold from inside, it would be near impossible to stop that part entirely. I think the 2x8 part would need either more insulation, or redo it with something that insulates better than wood.

Or. . . just deal with it a couple mos out of the yr, right?

More insulation on the inside for the 2X8s. The taps are kind of hard considering they are attached to hoses filled with cold liquids. Unless you want to make them "tap-socks"(trademark pending :) ) to insulate them. That was not meant as a joke but yeah it would look pretty goofy.
Yep, more insulation, but I'm limited to something like 1.5" of insulation. So I need it to be as efficient as possible, while still being able to possibly get wet.

Also, I wish they made plastic shanks (the part that the tap connects to) as the steel obviously adds to the cooling of the external taps.

I'd imagine that with that amount of humidity and the taps being metal going through the insulation & wood it's still going to transfer some of the cold from inside, it would be near impossible to stop that part entirely. I think the 2x8 part would need either more insulation, or redo it with something that insulates better than wood.

Or. . . just deal with it a couple mos out of the yr, right?
It's more like 8+ months.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
TAP COVERS.
3Pcs-Cute-Knit-Golf-Head-Covers-Knitted-Golf-Club-Covers-Set-Driver-Wood-Head-Covers-Outdoor.jpg_640x640.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Yep, more insulation, but I'm limited to something like 1.5" of insulation. So I need it to be as efficient as possible, while still being able to possibly get wet.

Also, I wish they made plastic shanks (the part that the tap connects to) as the steel obviously adds to the cooling of the external taps.
Make a sheet metal brake and bend a new top section instead of making it out of 2x8. Then you'll have plenty of room for insulation.