Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

poor joe

peeing ralph wiggum GIF

@fly Was reading up on automation stuff for cats and saw your posts about SureCat (the rfid flaps and feeders) being jackasses and messing with the integration/requiring cloud connectivity.

I was going to buy one of their rfid feeders, cause fly (the cat... not you) is going to be on very expensive food soon, but ended up getting a PetLibro instead. I really wish it had weight measurement so I could track how much she eats, but the time spent at feeder will have to do for now.

I may pair it with a hacked up amazon dash smart shelf to monitor changes in weight too.

• Love
Reactions: fly
@fly Was reading up on automation stuff for cats and saw your posts about SureCat (the rfid flaps and feeders) being jackasses and messing with the integration/requiring cloud connectivity.

I was going to buy one of their rfid feeders, cause fly (the cat... not you) is going to be on very expensive food soon, but ended up getting a PetLibro instead. I really wish it had weight measurement so I could track how much she eats, but the time spent at feeder will have to do for now.

I may pair it with a hacked up amazon dash smart shelf to monitor changes in weight too.
Nice. We have their water fountain and its awesome. I added a water leak sensor to it so that I know when its out of water.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Holy shit, Eaton is a pretty awesome company. I had one of their AFCI breakers actually break on me. And one of the GFCI breakers randomly trips. Took me 10 seconds to get a human and within five minutes, and with zero proof, they're sending me new ones that will be here by Friday.

Holy shit, Eaton is a pretty awesome company. I had one of their AFCI breakers actually break on me. And one of the GFCI breakers randomly trips. Took me 10 seconds to get a human and within five minutes, and with zero proof, they're sending me new ones that will be here by Friday.
Better than Schneider Electric.

"Oh we totally agree built your subpanel with the wrong cover, but you have to unbolt it from your house and ship it to this address in the US so we can investigate, then we'll send you another if we find out that it was built incorrectly, because that's our process"

I wonder what it costs now to do that. Back in the day when FIOS first started, Verizon was paying ~$1k per home in Tampa, regardless if the home actually connected to FIOS. Insane.