Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

I wrote a story a ways back about a guy who kept his abusive father's head in a hat box above a freezer just like that one.
He kept bodies in the freezer and would make molds from them to make statues.
All while the father verbally abused him from the box. He even looked a little like fly.
The guy not the father.
Not sure why I shared that but there ya go.
You wrote a story?

You're very clever, I would definitely not be surprised if you're some famous author or something. :lol:

Ya, there is this little ledge inside for the freezer motor that the kegs can't fit on so it just made sense to put it there.

I sized my collar so I could fit a keg on it. And then left it too short anyway. :rolleyes:

It will hold two 2.5gal shoved in next to each other.

I’m strongly considering redoing the whole thing. I’m not pleased with it.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
So here is ours. The lid is what came with the original freezer.

View attachment 4681

Inside of the collar (just wood frame with insulation glued to it):
View attachment 4680

More images of our random brewing stuff here: https://www.instagram.com/dickcreekbrewery/
Well, very nice!!
Seems if it is sweating bad must have a few little leaks from poor fit on the insulation. Maybe you need to switch to rubbery foam for the final seal where the lid meet styro. FLy being all handy and shit with the DeWalt.:hi2u:

You could remove the kegs, have fly climb in with some spray foam and you promise to open the lid when he's done.:fly:

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and APRIL
Well, very nice!!
Seems if it is sweating bad must have a few little leaks from poor fit on the insulation. Maybe you need to switch to rubbery foam for the final seal where the lid meet styro. FLy being all handy and shit with the DeWalt.:hi2u:

You could remove the kegs, have fly climb in with some spray foam and you promise to open the lid when he's done.:fly:
Ya, over time it started to sweat a bit.

I'm not promising anything!

CO2 bottle, dehumidifier thingy, a fan to move the airflow.... I really don't understand what the second part of your post is about.
Every material has a rate at which it cools down or warms up. Water is one of the greatest at holding its temp.

If you can fill any dead space with something that holds its temp, you won't lose as much when it is hot out.

It's the same reason people recommend that you stock bottles of water in your fridge when it gets empty, so the temps dont fluctuate as you open and close it and so that it takes less energy to keep it cool when the house is warm

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Every material has a rate at which it cools down or warms up. Water is one of the greatest at holding its temp.

If you can fill any dead space with something that holds its temp, you won't lose as much when it is hot out.

It's the same reason people recommend that you stock bottles of water in your fridge when it gets empty, so the temps dont fluctuate as you open and close it and so that it takes less energy to keep it cool when the house is warm
I'm not sure why you're telling me this... It's packed full of six kegs of liquid already.