WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Oh yeah. My doctor, bless her pakistani heart, does the suicide screening everytime I come in and if I wasn't so removed from actual reality Id probably find it funny.

Mental health is not in the cards. Id be horrified if I had a legit psychriactric condition.
I actually had to talk my clinic out of charging for the PHQ-2 or PHQ-9 screeners they do for depression, the people making the decisions like that are so removed from How The Other Half Lives and I had to be like, look, broke people need to be screened more than anyone else and if they know they're going to get charged just for filling out a 2 or 9 question screener themselves, ESPECIALLY if they find that out AFTER you've already charged for it and now they have to choose between sleep for dinner or you dismissing them from the practice over an unpaid bill, then doing the screeners in the first place is a huge waste of time and you're basically running a scam.

I actually had to talk my clinic out of charging for the PHQ-2 or PHQ-9 screeners they do for depression, the people making the decisions like that are so removed from How The Other Half Lives and I had to be like, look, broke people need to be screened more than anyone else and if they know they're going to get charged just for filling out a 2 or 9 question screener themselves, ESPECIALLY if they find that out AFTER you've already charged for it and now they have to choose between sleep for dinner or you dismissing them from the practice over an unpaid bill, then doing the screeners in the first place is a huge waste of time and you're basically running a scam.
Dude they charged for that? Wtf.

We did PHQ-9 on code three calls (conscious duh) as a matter of fact, for you know "mental health" calls or w/e

Edit: I just mean it's funny cause Ive already asked a thousand people the questions and there's this 24 y/o chick who screens me everytime.

Last edited:
I spent most of my life in Boston. Surprised I was never actually homeless. Surfed a few couches. Stayed at the YMCA for a night, wasn't crazy about the old queens sizing me up in the shower. I was 19. Rented a room from a junkie.

Point being, Boston and places like it are now so expensive many median earners can no longer consistently live indoors.
I'm a pretty harsh "work or die" dude. But if I had stayed in the Northeast my family would have ended up in emergency housing.
We moved south for reasons.
Affordable housing was at the top of that list.

I spent most of my life in Boston. Surprised I was never actually homeless. Surfed a few couches. Stayed at the YMCA for a night, wasn't crazy about the old queens sizing me up in the shower. I was 19. Rented a room from a junkie.

Point being, Boston and places like it are now so expensive many median earners can no longer consistently live indoors.
I'm a pretty harsh "work or die" dude. But if I had stayed in the Northeast my family would have ended up in emergency housing.

If you moved to Hollywood, you could've been a cabbie to the stars, Nukes.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Dude they charged for that? Wtf.

We did PHQ-9 on code three calls (conscious duh) as a matter of fact, for you know "mental health" calls or w/e

Edit: I just mean it's funny cause Ive already asked a thousand people the questions and there's this 24 y/o chick who screens me everytime.
they didn't end up charging and I think my appeal to them helped sway them away from it, but they *could* have. it's a "minimal" amount of money, but the kind of person who would sweat a small charge like that is someone you really need to be screening for depression bc poverty is a big ol' common comorbidity.

of course, they also probably can't afford to TREAT said depression, but how about just cross THAT bridge when you come to it, bc they're supposed to be screening everyone at least once a year any year they're seen (which means they'd be charging people just for answering questions themselves, and if they do the screener additional times bc they didn't see it was already done, insurance may not cover it, if they even covered the first one, etc).

That's basically just the facts. Im actually killing it and can barely live here, If I had a kid I dont know what Id do Even when me and my ex were killing it we could barely keep up. Im talking $230k ish combined. We never ate out

The cost of living is INSANE. Most people who own inherited.

they didn't end up charging and I think my appeal to them helped sway them away from it, but they *could* have. it's a "minimal" amount of money, but the kind of person who would sweat a small charge like that is someone you really need to be screening for depression bc poverty is a big ol' common comorbidity.

of course, they also probably can't afford to TREAT said depression, but how about just cross THAT bridge when you come to it, bc they're supposed to be screening everyone at least once a year any year they're seen (which means they'd be charging people just for answering questions themselves, and if they do the screener additional times bc they didn't see it was already done, insurance may not cover it, if they even covered the first one, etc).
Ive only worked emergency so I dont really know the billing breakdowns.

My GP tries but I can tell shes overwhelmed.

That's basically just the facts. Im actually killing it and can barely live here, If I had a kid I dont know what Id do Even when me and my ex were killing it we could barely keep up. Im talking $230k ish combined. We never ate out

I owned a small 5 cab company in West suburban Boston. 6 figures is nothing there.
We were looking at postwar slum ranches in rundown south Framingham.
There's a reason people are leaving the NE in droves.
Check out Charleston and Savanah.

Yeah, what seemed like a fortune when I was a kid barely pays the bills here.

I owned a small 5 cab company in West suburban Boston. 6 figures is nothing there.
Heh, hits way too close to home, she wanted kids I didnt want to half ass it with no house and living in the hood.. :( Alot of our stress was money problems.

Nukes used to drive the Kennedys around Chappaquiddick Island but was dismissed for calling out sick on July 18, 1969. It's a good thing he did though. Nukes can't swim.

I basically ice skated to work this morning. How about you?
Dude... I got called in, on my day off from out of state, and I pulled into the lot and my car immediately got fucked after driving around for two days..

And their like why so serious

It's cosmetic but Im still pissed. I work 80 hours a week.

I was like PEACE bitches, Im not feeling it

Dude... I got called in, on my day off from out of state, and I pulled into the lot and my car immediately got fucked after driving around for two days..

That sucks. Same would happen here if my car was damaged. Unless I was actually driving while on company time.
I think ...
I don’t really want to find out.

I was like PEACE bitches, Im not feeling it

And 80 hours is harsh.
Sounds like you have a good work ethic though. It's harder than it used to be. (Says the old man).
I make more than my parents ever dreamed of and still don't live in a house as big as they had in the 70s.

• Gravy
Reactions: NukesII
That sucks. Same would happen here if my car was damaged. Unless I was actually driving while on company time.
I think ...
I don’t really want to find out.
Small businesses get away with alot. I was on company time. I know I aint gonna get reimbursed.

• Angry
Reactions: Strings
And 80 hours is harsh.
Sounds like you have a good work ethic though. It's harder than it used to be. (Says the old man).
I make more than my parents ever dreamed of and still don't live in a house as big as they had in the 70s.
Everyone loves the ethic but this is America. I need to get paid.

I make 2x what my father did and he had a stay at home wife and 4 kids.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
Small businesses get away with alot. I was on company time. I know I aint gonna get reimbursed.

I think if you're driving your personal vehicle for the company you should get some sort of compensation.
But what do I know.
Like. I wouldn't expect anything if I was driving to or from off clock, but if I was delivering samples or the like, I would.
Especially if it's was one of those situations where I don't feel like I had a choice.