WTF So I just dick'd my butt

I'm on fire today.
The city has banned the use of plastic bags for retail. So Wawa has kindly started selling small canvas bags for 25 cents. The idea being, buy one and always have a bag to use there. I keep one on my desk. And for the third time this week the same guy has asked me to borrow it.
Part of me is like Sure, why not?
While the other is Spend a fucking quarter ya cheap bastard.

P.S. it's the Chia pet guy

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and fly
I'm on fire today.
The city has banned the use of plastic bags for retail. So Wawa has kindly started selling small canvas bags for 25 cents. The idea being, buy one and always have a bag to use there. I keep one on my desk. And for the third time this week the same guy has asked me to borrow it.

You should rent it to him for a dime

uggggh I think Ive heard this story.

My dad was Rich

Thats the R in ZRH.
Let's start an aerospace company!
We'll sell burial plots on the moon.
We'll outsource the engineering to Indians on whatever O-desk turned into. Well build these giant solid fuel multi stage rockets and launch them from Ensenada and deny that they blew up over Baja (they'll be built to blow).
Oh the fun times!
We just need the VC.

• Gravy
Reactions: ZRH
I'm on fire today.

Make them wear gloves

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
Ill check, the owner is nice, treats me like family, I draw a paycheck but sub 15 employees and it's only cosmetic. Im not gonna push the issue. I went home.

Im fully insured so maybe thatll cover it.
Get dropped when they find out it's used for commercial purposes.

Let's start an aerospace company!
We'll sell burial plots on the moon.
We'll outsource the engineering to Indians on whatever O-desk turned into. Well build these giant solid fuel multi stage rockets and launch them from Ensenada and deny that they blew up over Baja (they'll be built to blow).
Oh the fun times!
We just need the VC.
looool
he estado practicando mi espanol!

An actual electrician or a journeyman or apprentice?
I have the hours for journeyman but Im not super invested in it as a career. These dudes all want master so they can open their own business. I wont burn your house down though if you need some work done. >.> Im actually a bit bummed out by how simple it all is, we basically just install shit and try not to die (more than half these guys dont even know how electricity works theyre just plugging in devices).

Im also a PI and and an armed guard and a cook at a resturant.

Everyday I wake up and Im like, people trust me with guns and electricity?

(Also it's not a career path it is literally an addiction. I use indeed like tinder. Some days Im like damn wouldnt it be cool to drive an excavator?)

Last edited:
I have the hours for journeyman but Im not super invested in it as a career. These dudes all want master so they can open their own business. I wont burn your house down though if you need some work done. >.> Im actually a bit bummed out by how simple it all is, we basically just install shit. When I did carpentry we actually BUILT things.

Im also a PI and and an armed guard and a cook at a resturant.

Everyday I wake up and Im like, damn people trust me with guns and electricity.
I'm just a Harry homeowner, but I know the code pretty well around here. I feel like what you get working it as a trade is the skills through repetition. Wire folding in tight boxes, securing Romex quickly, etc. I can do everything and do it right, but I'd be fired on the first day of I tried to do it for a job cause I'm slow

I'm just a Harry homeowner, but I know the code pretty well around here. I feel like what you get working it as a trade is the skills through repetition. Wire folding in tight boxes, securing Romex quickly, etc. I can do everything and do it right, but I'd be fired on the first day of I tried to do it for a job cause I'm slow
Yeah. Im always interested in all the little tricks. Things are supposed to be "in a workman like manner." The trick to getting wire into boxes is to not use too much then mash the SHIT out of it with a screwdriver. It was actually one of the first things I asked about when I started :lol: Believe me I was shocked too.

Stapling up wire NEVER gets easier. You can use your hammer to make it straight though, that's how you make it nice.

Commercial work is where you get the mad tricks. We did an AC hookup at a gym in Crofton, 800ft run three 8 wires through metal conduit. I was like how are we going to pull this? (cause those things barely uncoil). My journeyman tied the rope to the work van and pulled it all in one go :lol:

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Yeah. Im always interested in all the little tricks. Things are supposed to be "in a workman like manner." The trick to getting wire into boxes is to not use too much then mash the SHIT out of it with a screwdriver. It was actually one of the first things I asked about when I started :lol: Believe me I was shocked too.

Stapling up wire NEVER gets easier. You can use your hammer to make it straight though, that's how you make it nice.

Commercial work is where you get the mad tricks. We did an AC hookup at a gym in Crofton, 800ft run three 8 wires through metal conduit. I was like how are we going to pull this? (cause those things barely uncoil). My journeyman tied the rope to the work van and pulled it all in one go :lol:
I worked for an electrician for one day in 1985 at about 90 days off of hard drugs/liquor.
8 hours running romex through holes near the ceiling. 100 degrees farenheit. Up the ladder down the ladder up the ladder.
Boss says "pick you up again at 05:00?"
No thanks. I'm too short for that job.
Also I was a lazy drug addict with no work ethic.

• Love
Reactions: HipHugHer