WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Everyone loves the ethic but this is America. I need to get paid.

I make 2x what my father did and he had a stay at home wife and 4 kids.

Same here. 4 kids and a stay at home mom. My dad eventually opened his own business but when I was a little kid he delivered potato chips for Wise.
And was able to afford a house in the sticks, Massachusetts, a single ranch, good privacy with an in ground pool.
That would be impossible today.
Maybe he sold drugs or turned tricks on his route...

I think if you're driving your personal vehicle for the company you should get some sort of compensation.
But what do I know.
Like. I wouldn't expect anything if I was driving to or from off clock, but if I was delivering samples or the like, I would.
Especially if it's was one of those situations where I don't feel like I had a choice.
Ill check, the owner is nice, treats me like family, I draw a paycheck but sub 15 employees and it's only cosmetic. Im not gonna push the issue. I went home.

Im fully insured so maybe thatll cover it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
Same here. 4 kids and a stay at home mom. My dad eventually opened his own business but when I was a little kid he delivered potato chips for Wise.
And was able to afford a house in the sticks, Massachusetts, a single ranch, good privacy with an in ground pool.
My dad was an engineer at lockheed martin/raytheon/xerox lmao

You know Xerox Parc? Yeah... Every UX on modern systems is based off lisp machines he built.

I make more as an electrictian. My best bro is a systems engineer and she makes more modeling... It's all upside down. lol

I had a little coke over the holiday.
I figured drinking a few of the mini cans couldn't bloat me any worse than I am now..
Yeah,yeah I know.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Dad was a Wise man.
Ill get my hat.

My dad was an engineer at lockheed martin/raytheon/xerox lmao

You know Xerox Parc? Yeah... Every UX on modern systems is based off lisp machines he built.

I make more as an electrictian. My best bro is a systems engineer and she makes more modeling... It's all upside down. lol
My dad designed guidance systems for missiles. He didn't do weaponry. Most of the Minuteman class missiles he designed were for atmospheric experiments.

My dad designed guidance systems for missiles. He didn't do weaponry. Most of the Minuteman class missiles he designed were for atmospheric experiments.
They probably met, he did the safety systems for tomahawks/cruise missles. He always said it was a small world in engineering.

They probably met, he did the safety systems for tomahawks/cruise missles. He always said it was a small world in engineering.
Tiny world, aerospace in the 1970s/80s.
Dad was working a launch in Sweden and the boss tagged along. Dad made the mistake of drinking at the company banquet. 17 double shots of whatever the locals distilled and called good liquor.
Stood up all wobbly and declared "Rich R, your...an...asshole..." to the boss and promptly passed out.
Woke up fired.
Got a non employee contract to Nasa through Walter Sterling a week later to do design work for one of the Voyager projects (veeger!).
Got his job back almost a year later- had to apologize and eat shit.
Enjoyed being a big fish in a small pond.

I think Wise made Dipsy Doodles, which were a superior corn chip that I used to go NUTS for in my youth and while I'm totally sure it wasn't your dad because the timing and location don't fit, on several occasions my wee child self 100% launched myself at the Wise Guy who delivered to my elementary school to hug him for restocking them.

Tiny world, aerospace in the 1970s/80s.
Dad was working a launch in Sweden and the boss tagged along. Dad made the mistake of drinking at the company banquet. 17 double shots of whatever the locals distilled and called good liquor.
Stood up all wobbly and declared "Rich R, your...an...asshole..." to the boss and promptly passed out.
Woke up fired.
Got a non employee contract to Nasa through Walter Sterling a week later to do design work for one of the Voyager projects (veeger!).
Got his job back almost a year later- had to apologize and eat shit.
Enjoyed being a big fish in a small pond.
uggggh I think Ive heard this story.

My dad was Rich

Thats the R in ZRH.

Last edited:
I think Wise made Dipsy Doodles, which were a superior corn chip that I used to go NUTS for in my youth and while I'm totally sure it wasn't your dad because the timing and location don't fit, on several occasions my wee child self 100% launched myself at the Wise Guy who delivered to my elementary school to hug him for restocking them.
Youre married right?

I've been so clumsy the last few days. If I worked with antiques or explosives I'd need to consider retirement.

I think I might be hearing from HR.
A coworker messed up a limited sample test and claimed of himself "I'm just a moron".
I said you're not just a moron, you're a dipshit too.

I told a guy he as a dumbass for fucking something up once, he said he was gonna go tell HR I said that , told him why? Theyre just gonna agree with me.
Never heard anything else about it, I guess they did.