WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Wait I must be missing something. How do I offer 85 an hour when I can't find anything offering near that for what I do.
On Guru, you can quote whatever the fuck you want. On more than one occasion, I've gotten a reply that I was significantly more than everyone else. Once I explained why, they hired me.

Just fucking do it already.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Stop looking for what people are offering to pay and tell them if they want a quality job, it's going to cost $85 an hour.
So if I see a bunch of jobs at $25 an hour, I should pick one of them and just tell them they need me at triple that rate because I'm better?

That would never work. Maybe for a bit more, say 40 or 45 and hour over 25 an hour, but not 80 to 90. And I'm only interested in doing jobs that I can work on for an hour or two each evening. If someone were to agree to such a higher rate, they'd more than likely want the work done as quickly as possible.

On Guru, you can quote whatever the fuck you want. On more than one occasion, I've gotten a reply that I was significantly more than everyone else. Once I explained why, they hired me.

Just fucking do it already.
If I can find that right jobs that will accept the right rate, I will.

So if I see a bunch of jobs at $25 an hour, I should pick one of them and just tell them they need me at triple that rate because I'm better?

That would never work. Maybe for a bit more, say 40 or 45 and hour over 25 an hour, but not 80 to 90. And I'm only interested in doing jobs that I can work on for an hour or two each evening. If someone were to agree to such a higher rate, they'd more than likely want the work done as quickly as possible.
You're assuming way too much what the customer wants. They don't know what they want, you have to tell them.