WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Got my second round interview tomorrow.
I think I'm going to wander around to a couple of the boat places and see if the product I'll be working on is recommended and why or why not.
Not sure if its because of how close they are and the effect of support of a local company, but it seems like these guys are the only recommended company/product line for this niche. Went to half a dozen places and of them only the two largest stores had any competing products and only one of them would actually talk about the competition.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
@APRIL, I've got no idea how you make money in your role. I've been looking at freelancing and there is no money in it.

For example, I saw a job offer recently that wanted a 15 page static website for $45.

Last edited:
Where do you find these jobs? Is there a certain website that lists them?
As of now, the work comes to me so I very rarely have to look for new contracts. Lots of repeat business and word of mouth. It helps that I do everything from hosting, designing (web, graphic, and print), social media, SEO, advertising, etc. so my customers come to me for everything Web and marketing related.

Anything I can't or don't want to do, I have contractors for... This is the area I need to be better at managing if I ever want to make the big bucks. The big money is very rarely in doing the work yourself (but I enjoy it). If I want to make more money than I am now, I need to farm everything out.

I started out by doing volunteer work for a nonprofit. Made them a website for fundraising and kept in touch with companies and coworkers I worked for in the past. I've gotten a ton of business just from my contacts. I also used Guru, like Fly said, and kept in touch with clients I got there so there was repeat business. Never said I couldn't do something, because it's all opportunity.

Peopleperhour.com is another good site. I got one of my best contractors from it.