FYI OOD's Minimalism Blog

Not just having stuff for the sake of having it is freeing. We had some free things offered and I turned it down as it was unnecessary and I love that we don’t have those extra things. I need to go even more though, some stuff it’s hard for me to get rid of and I don’t really know why. I have a box of memories and In it are a couple trophies that’s are over 20 years old. I have one away this week to be turned into a chili cook off trophy when I finally admitted to myself I don’t really care about them and will never display them. I have pictures and that is enough. Now I need to go through the rest of the box and get rid of half the stuff.
When I'm getting rid of stuff I put it in storage and If I don't miss it for a view months then I get rid of it. I've only regretted getting rid of something one or two times and I couldn't even tell you what it was at this point.

When I'm getting rid of stuff I put it in storage and If I don't miss it for a view months then I get rid of it. I've only regretted getting rid of something one or two times and I couldn't even tell you what it was at this point.
A finance blog Fly reads says if the item is something you only need periodically, say a pressure washer... To buy it off Craigslist and sell it back. Might make a profit too.

A finance blog Fly reads says if the item is something you only need periodically, say a pressure washer... To buy it off Craigslist and sell it back. Might make a profit too.
That's really cool if you like interacting with people. I borrow things like that from my neighbors or parents if I can. And I'll gladly lend them similar things, though mostly I just have my time to offer, which can actually be very valuable to a neighbor in need of assistance. I'm close to where I grew up so I know all my neighbors well. I don't know what I'll do if I move off like I plan to.

I don't see an issue with hanging on to things you have a purpose for. Doesn't matter if you need it once a year or every other year. If it's practical and it benefits your happiness, I say just keep it. Trying to trade on craigslist every time my house gets dirty would be way too much a mental strain on me.

Yeah that's right. I just gave an excellent example of communism. It's an extremely beneficial concept. If ever neighborhood operated that way, imagine how much less waste humanity would accumulate.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
That's really cool if you like interacting with people. I borrow things like that from my neighbors or parents if I can. And I'll gladly lend them similar things, though mostly I just have my time to offer, which can actually be very valuable to a neighbor in need of assistance. I'm close to where I grew up so I know all my neighbors well. I don't know what I'll do if I move off like I plan to.

I don't see an issue with hanging on to things you have a purpose for. Doesn't matter if you need it once a year or every other year. If it's practical and it benefits your happiness, I say just keep it. Trying to trade on craigslist every time my house gets dirty would be way too much a mental strain on me.

Yeah that's right. I just gave an excellent example of communism. It's an extremely beneficial concept. If ever neighborhood operated that way, imagine how much less waste humanity would accumulate.

You could borrow stuff from people and then sell it on Craigslist for a definite profit.
Just saying. Think about yourself once in awhile, OOD.

Good morning you nogood Commie bastid.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and OOD
You have to repurpose them as flower pots when you're done with them.

how about something like this
Im sure I could get it HOA approved

1825178351_959285142f_b.jpg