FYI OOD's Minimalism Blog

Don't go quoting the law to these people.
It doesn't fit the narrative.

I'd also steer clear of using young females as the subject of your writings. With this oh so righteous gaggle of humanity it's the small hairless boys that bring the gravy in abundance.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and nukes
So, I took TV away from the kid as a punishment, realized he was behaving much better and decided to just not give it back. ( yeah not fair, I know, tough)

There was a huge improvement from when we did the TV sabbatical a while back too. Seems like letting my kids watch TV is actually bad for them. And I think limiting may be even worse because then they beg for more. It's like an alcoholic saying "just one beer a day".

Now if only somebody would take away the things from me that make my brain chems flutter.

So, I took TV away from the kid as a punishment, realized he was behaving much better and decided to just not give it back. ( yeah not fair, I know, tough)

There was a huge improvement from when we did the TV sabbatical a while back too. Seems like letting my kids watch TV is actually bad for them. And I think limiting may be even worse because then they beg for more. It's like an alcoholic saying "just one beer a day".

Now if only somebody would take away the things from me that make my brain chems flutter.
We just took sugar before bed out of the kids' diet, and wouldn't you know it, they sleep much better now.

yeah, that's the ultimate goal.
I assume you're talking about added sugar and not all sugar. Just want to make sure because some people are so afraid of sugar they won't eat fruit. There be some ill informed folks on dieting forums.

I don't use table sugar anymore. Don't use oil anymore either. And the food tastes better now because I started relying on herbs and spices to do what I used to fail at with sugar.

There are some foods that sugar and oil are needed for to do right. I just simply avoid those foods most of the time. Sometimes we will have the occasional sugary/fatty dish, but that used to be all we ate.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I assume you're talking about added sugar and not all sugar. Just want to make sure because some people are so afraid of sugar they won't eat fruit. There be some ill informed folks on dieting forums.

I don't use table sugar anymore. Don't use oil anymore either. And the food tastes better now because I started relying on herbs and spices to do what I used to fail at with sugar.

There are some foods that sugar and oil are needed for to do right. I just simply avoid those foods most of the time. Sometimes we will have the occasional sugary/fatty dish, but that used to be all we ate.
I'm talking about candy sugar. Like ice cream, cookies and chocolate bars. We'll still be eating fruits and starches.

It's just hard this time of year, because we've got halloween, daughter's birthday, thanksgiving and christmas to contend with, and an extended family full of lardass diabetics who think that bags full of candy are the way to regulate blood sugar.

The real low-down is that the behaviors associated with sleep deprivation aren't exactly congruent to the behaviors associated with ADHD, but there is substantial overlap, so I wanted to see if diet adjustment on the boy might impact his behavior in class. Lo and behold, when he starts sleeping, he does better. Trying now to adjust moments of lucidity into an actual attention span.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and OOD
I'm talking about candy sugar. Like ice cream, cookies and chocolate bars. We'll still be eating fruits and starches.

It's just hard this time of year, because we've got halloween, daughter's birthday, thanksgiving and christmas to contend with, and an extended family full of lardass diabetics who think that bags full of candy are the way to regulate blood sugar.

The real low-down is that the behaviors associated with sleep deprivation aren't exactly congruent to the behaviors associated with ADHD, but there is substantial overlap, so I wanted to see if diet adjustment on the boy might impact his behavior in class. Lo and behold, when he starts sleeping, he does better. Trying now to adjust moments of lucidity into an actual attention span.

Yeah I understand the struggle with regulating a child's diet when the rest of the family thinks a Twinkie and a candy bar is an appropriate snack. It's not just a fat/skinny thing. A poor diet can cause serious stress, especially for children.

Good luck with your boy. I don't have any in school yet and I'm not looking forward to it. My wife is a teacher though so I'm hoping she will have all the answers when I have to start worrying about it.

I'm trying to fix myself more than my kids most of the time. I've got a serious issue with instant gratification. I want to try removing internet from the house, but my wife needs it for work. And I'm too weak to just not use it.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
8be8b4b927e6c83ee160fb1909ab6f4c.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and OOD