FYI OOD's Minimalism Blog

Got a hole in the bottom of my shoe. Time for another pair. Or I could repair these. A little tape should do the trick.
what kind of shoe?
are new purchases of same shoe available?
how much do you love said shoe?
how hard/easy was it to break them in?
are they now perfectly formed to your feet?

if I find a clothing item I love, I buy multiple of it so I'll have more if the original gets ruined bc I'm a fucking weirdo and very set in my ways. that would also lead me to be more likely to try to repair a shoe, but ymmv

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
what kind of shoe?
are new purchases of same shoe available?
how much do you love said shoe?
how hard/easy was it to break them in?
are they now perfectly formed to your feet?

if I find a clothing item I love, I buy multiple of it so I'll have more if the original gets ruined bc I'm a fucking weirdo and very set in my ways. that would also lead me to be more likely to try to repair a shoe, but ymmv
I love them and would buy another pair but they are leather. I would buy leather used, but I'd never find a specific pair.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I love them and would buy another pair but they are leather. I would buy leather used, but I'd never find a specific pair.
oof yeah I feel you. you might have luck poking around online for DIY shoe repair options for resoling. that totally sucks, though!

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Put duct tape on the inside, fill the hole with Liquid Nails, let it dry. *Smear plenty of LN on the outside and squish in good so it become one with the bottom. Did that once, lasted about 2-3 weeks.

I've always wanted a spare room to turn into a personal library, wall-to-wall with books, floor-to-ceiling with every album I've ever enjoyed, with a huge window looking out into the forest and the most comfortable recliner sitting in the middle for me to lounge in and enjoy all the content said room has to offer :elfpenis:

You forgot the birch only fireplace and regalia's .
Some interior decorator YOU turned out to be .
You will never rock my book nook .

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
I just watched a commercial in which a lady wakes up in the middle of the night, asks alexa what time it is, then asks alexa to turn the back yard lights on, and that was the brunt of the pitch
I dont know about you brethren but I dont need alexa to look at a clock and to flip on a light switch for me

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I just watched a commercial in which a lady wakes up in the middle of the night, asks alexa what time it is, then asks alexa to turn the back yard lights on, and that was the brunt of the pitch
I dont know about you brethren but I dont need alexa to look at a clock and to flip on a light switch for me
Pretty awesome for blind folks though. Not sure why they'd need lights but I once scared off some no gooders by flicking the porch lights on. Damn hillbillies.