FYI OOD's Minimalism Blog

Seriously considering Getting a cell phone plan with just talk and text. I've been getting sucked into my phone lately. For the month of February I'm going to leave the data off on my phone. If I manage to survive I'll switch my phone plan. Wish me luck.

Seriously considering Getting a cell phone plan with just talk and text. I've been getting sucked into my phone lately. For the month of February I'm going to leave the data off on my phone. If I manage to survive I'll switch my phone plan. Wish me luck.
You and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum. If I didn't have my high data plan my 60 inch TV all my bass guitars and amplifiers and my pedalboard I don't actually know what I would do with myself!

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings and adi
You'll still connect to wifi and such.

Phone data is really only important if you're driving and need maps that you haven't downloaded yet and there is no wifi around.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and nukes
You'll still connect to wifi and such.

Phone data is really only important if you're driving and need maps that you haven't downloaded yet and there is no wifi around.
For a couple of years this has been my only hang up. I LOVE having a GPS on my phone.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and adi
I'm overdue a purge.
I’m going through all our books and getting rid of half. I’ve always had this thing about keeping all the books but realized it’s unnecdsary for me to tote them around. Kids only have a handful they’ll reread and we have a library.

We also banned all video games from our house. It’s been amazing. My boys have said “I’m bored” once in two weeks as opposed to anytime we say screens are off. Their finding all sorts of little things to do and spending more time outside (granted the cooling weather also helps with that).

I’m going through all our books and getting rid of half. I’ve always had this thing about keeping all the books but realized it’s unnecdsary for me to tote them around. Kids only have a handful they’ll reread and we have a library.

We also banned all video games from our house. It’s been amazing. My boys have said “I’m bored” once in two weeks as opposed to anytime we say screens are off. Their finding all sorts of little things to do and spending more time outside (granted the cooling weather also helps with that).
We did 30 days with no kind of TV a while back. I'd like to do it again permanently, but it's such a cheap source of entertainment. I know the kids would find something to do. It's me I'm worried about haha. I think thats great you are doing the no video games. They can be toxic for some kids. My boy is like me and has no self control when it comes to screen time. I have to give him a heads up before it's time to turn it off. It helps that we explain things to them instead of just saying "because I said so" like my parents did.

My wife is a teach. I don't have any say on the books. Which I'm okay with cause we read to them every day. They love it and are always asking to read more.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
We did 30 days with no kind of TV a while back. I'd like to do it again permanently, but it's such a cheap source of entertainment. I know the kids would find something to do. It's me I'm worried about haha. I think thats great you are doing the no video games. They can be toxic for some kids. My boy is like me and has no self control when it comes to screen time. I have to give him a heads up before it's time to turn it off. It helps that we explain things to them instead of just saying "because I said so" like my parents did.

My wife is a teach. I don't have any say on the books. Which I'm okay with cause we read to them every day. They love it and are always asking to read more.
I kept all the picture books and any series they love, but we have so many no one has read in years. We make weekly trips to the library so they always have oodles to spend time with.

Not just having stuff for the sake of having it is freeing. We had some free things offered and I turned it down as it was unnecessary and I love that we don’t have those extra things. I need to go even more though, some stuff it’s hard for me to get rid of and I don’t really know why. I have a box of memories and In it are a couple trophies that’s are over 20 years old. I have one away this week to be turned into a chili cook off trophy when I finally admitted to myself I don’t really care about them and will never display them. I have pictures and that is enough. Now I need to go through the rest of the box and get rid of half the stuff.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD