WTF On Overwhelming Negativity and the downward gravitational pull of sinking friends.

They tag team. Neither will admit they discovered brewing a couple of years ago. they're 'experts' dontcha know.

You're not the only one who noticed the qualifier "good" to describe the subject "cider". You can make shit cider by simply not taking out the trash.

You're not the only one who noticed the qualifier "good" to describe the subject "cider". You can make shit cider by simply not taking out the trash.
I've yet to find a cider that I like better than beer. However, I may try again soon, as we keep blowing kegs as soon as tap them. We haven't had all six taps running since probably January. #firstworld

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
The issue I have with cider is that very little of it's good. The vast majority is utter crap made with concentrate and added yeast and sugar. Once you've visited a farm that's made cider for hundreds of years by very traditional methods and had their oak aged vintage cider, it's really hard to stomach mass produced crap. You CAN buy good cider some of the time but it's not as easy as finding good beer.

I skipped the last five pages because you people are be massive cunts right now.

:p

Apples will be in season here September/October. We have two orchards within 3 miles of us.

The goal is 85'ish pounds which is allegedly enough for five gallons of cider.

Oh you've played tennis? I was an instructor for blah blah blah. Wimbledon, blah blah.

Oh you like to cook? Fancy that, I have training with michelin rated restaurants and my buddy owns some place none of you guys can't afford to go to.

Oh you like dance music? Cough, EDM ya, well I've been in the industry for four centuries and my BFFs are just as old still spinning.

Gosh, I can keep going.

The tire people are rating food now? Da fuck is this world coming to?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
So who is this family (or loved ones) you so admirably non forum for on weekends?
Divorced from wife
Had no kids with wife

Kids from a previous marriage?
Lyle and Chauncey down at Buddies LGBT nightclub?
I'm confused- you stated you didn't post on weekends due to "spending time with family".
Was kinda one of the few things I admired about you.

Don't let me down, bro.

He means mommy and daddy, who have the rest of the house. Ya know, that part above the basement.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
OK, I was with the DJ on this deal, until I realized he's the one proliferating all this edm fucking brain rot.

Just go to the dollar store, get the cheapest gallon of goddamn apple juice you can find, throw some Baker's yeast in it, strap a balloon on top....done. It's just rotten apples ffs.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I have no idea about US cider but cheap rubbish here can be made out of concentrate all year round. Good cider (which is what @Applesauce was on about) is made just from fresh apple juice using the yeasts from the skins. To be called cider, it has to be fermented apple juice so you couldn't just add alcohol to apple juice. Technically, if you add another juice afterwards such as strawberry, it's not cider. There is a very long tradition of cider making and scrumpy in the West Country (Cornwall, Devon and Somerset).
Hmmmm, didn't want to get into a massive process here. Think I'll just skip all the hooch making & move along in life :lol:

Culinary critique from someone who thinks that aging a sandwich in one's carry-all is a valid strategy is hardly expert or exhaustive.
9qMt1b6.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum