WTF On Overwhelming Negativity and the downward gravitational pull of sinking friends.

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,362
Maybe it's just that time of the year, but damn, every time I talk to people lately, it's just an overwhelming dialogue of bitching and negativity.

My core group of friends, who are all mostly really good people, are just going through such times lately. I met up with them for the 4th, and all I hear is their long ass woe is me stories. It would be one thing if it was one, or another, but for fucks sakes, it's all of them. After 3 hours of hanging out at a poolside party for the 4th, I had to go. What should have been a relaxing and enjoyable time had me leaving more stressed than when I showed up. Just one fucking story after another.

I come into work this morning. My co-worker comes into my office to use my Keurig, I ask how was their 4th, and I get the story of their visit to their aunt with alzheimers based dimentia and how much their life is shit now....

Of course, by making this thread, now I'm doing it to.

Anyone been through a cycle like this. In this case, it's been like most of this year has been people bitching, kvetching, and under-achieving. It has me seriously considering a friendcull and relocating my ass to find some more positive people.

Maybe I just need to find some more people who are actually accomplishing and moving forward with their lives to spend time with. I'm beginning to think my friends circle is like that neighborhood that you grew up in that was awesome, but is more and more rapidly starting to become a neighborhood people move out of as soon as they can.

I've got enough equity in the home now that I'm seriously investigating selling and getting a smaller place (I honestly don't need 1800 sq feet) in St. Pete so I can be closer to the beach.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
So you're complaining that your friends aren't having a positive time in life right now, and now you want to cease being friends with them... Some friend you are.

bitches gonna bitch.

I find a lot of people just need to talk about these types of negative things to get them out of their heads sometimes. Doesn't mean they are negative people.

Oh no. I know they aren't. Like I said, they are good people. But, like some people you see post here, they are going through hard times, but 90% of those hard times are of their own making. And because I'm not, I'm the sounding board for all of them since they know I won't be giving them hard times stories back.

I'm a one man support group lately.

Are you the Executive VP of Keurigs?

Tell that punk to go to Starbucks next time.

:lol:

Not really. I just had a bunch of spare shit at home, a Keurig, a microwave, and i bought a small 3.5 CF refrigerator for my office so I can keep a Brita and my lunches (mostly just salads and fruits pre-prepped in storage containers) so now I'm like the secondary break room.

Some people are just magnets for this sort of thing. Your pool of friends have come to know you as the guy who listens. They trust you with their emotions.
In other words , it's your own fault for being you.

For co-workers, don't even ask how they are. Just say good morning.

I attempt to be a man of faith.
While not a guy who attends religious services often, I try and maintain a relationship with my creator.
Sometimes, a person's task is to be the pillar of strength in the group.
Maybe @Duke you are supposed to be the pillar of strength in your group.
Would help if they'd reciprocate some tho.

I attempt to be a man of faith.
While not a guy who attends religious services often, I try and maintain a relationship with my creator.
Sometimes, a person's task is to be the pillar of strength in the group.
Maybe @Duke you are supposed to be the pillar of strength in your group.
Would help if they'd reciprocate some tho.
Yah, the vagina tantrum man has spoketh some truth.
People go thru shit. Don't act high and mighty just because things are super perf for you.

:jvag: @Duke

Wow, I got the impression all these years that you were far better at people'ing irl, Duke. :dont:

I am.

When I was going through some serious shit last year, I didn't bitch about it. i didn't bring them down with it. I just buckled up and dealt with it. Because that was more effective at dealing with my shit then venting.

The point being, when you get together with friends, maybe, just maybe, focus on forgetting about your troubles for a while and enjoy your people instead of making your troubles all you think about.

Some people are just magnets for this sort of thing. Your pool of friends have come to know you as the guy who listens. They trust you with their emotions.
In other words , it's your own fault for being you.

For co-workers, don't even ask how they are. Just say good morning.
I just hate people. Honestly most people aren't worth any attention.

Maybe I just need to find some more people who are actually accomplishing and moving forward with their lives to spend time with.
http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdp_glance.htm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eason-so-many-millennials-are-living-at-home/

The bigger issue is that since the economy has been this way for 8+yrs, you have a very large % of the population that don't know what success even looks like and solely exist in a "i'm making the best of it' environment.

I am.

When I was going through some serious shit last year, I didn't bitch about it. i didn't bring them down with it. I just buckled up and dealt with it. Because that was more effective at dealing with my shit then venting.

The point being, when you get together with friends, maybe, just maybe, focus on forgetting about your troubles for a while and enjoy your people instead of making your troubles all you think about.
God you sound like the biggest cock munching douchebag ever. Some people need friends to help them get through tough times. Instead you're all "why can't everyone be awesome like me?". Get out of their life before you infect them with your narcissism.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes