WTF On Overwhelming Negativity and the downward gravitational pull of sinking friends.

Oh come on. Step away from the intensely flavored beer and start trying a few different pale lagers. Start appreciating beer flavors that are simple but done right. That's where refreshment is.

PEI Brewing up here makes a "beach chair lager", which is an absolutely fantastic summer beer. I'd imagine there's more than a few beer of the same sort of style available in your neck of the woods.
that's what I like about Goose Island Summertime.

On a hot day, they're refreshing, and you can drink a lot of them. :drool:

Yes, please mix my beer with lemons and HFCS!
Make some simple syrup on the stove top. Throw in a couple lemons worth of zest. Let it cool, squeeze in a few lemons worth of lemon juice, then strain out the zest and any lemon bits/seeds/whatever. Transfer to fridge and let it cool.

Grab a pint glass, pour in that bottle of MGD that someone left in your fridge, top up with syrup, and serve.

All of the thirst quenching goodness you want, and fly/april still get to throw a pretentious fit at what you're doing, but none of the HFCS. Enjoy!

Make some simple syrup on the stove top. Throw in a couple lemons worth of zest. Let it cool, squeeze in a few lemons worth of lemon juice, then strain out the zest and any lemon bits/seeds/whatever. Transfer to fridge and let it cool.

Grab a pint glass, pour in that bottle of MGD that someone left in your fridge, top up with syrup, and serve.

All of the thirst quenching goodness you want, and fly/april still get to throw a pretentious fit at what you're doing, but none of the HFCS. Enjoy!
Yes, its just lemonade. However, that's probably not what you're drinking if you pop open a bottle/can.

edit: IDGAF what anyone drinks, but I personally have the same problem with them as I do ciders - they're too sweet. I don't like anything sweet in my alcohol.

Yes, its just lemonade. However, that's probably not what you're drinking if you pop open a bottle/can.

edit: IDGAF what anyone drinks, but I personally have the same problem with them as I do ciders - they're too sweet. I don't like anything sweet in my alcohol.
Well if you're buying a 24 case of macrobrewery radler, you know it's gonna be shit. The ingredients list on the thing is going to be beer, HFCS, artificial flavors and preservatives - if you're lucky, they'll do the "10% real juice" sunkist thing. It's like buying a swansons microwaved dinner, you know it's gonna be shitty processed food, why fucking bother.

You can get some hellishly dry cider if you look for it.

IDGAF what anyone drinks either, but I do mock people who get all pretentious and authoritative and believe certain styles of beer are below them :)

Well if you're buying a 24 case of macrobrewery radler, you know it's gonna be shit. The ingredients list on the thing is going to be beer, HFCS, artificial flavors and preservatives - if you're lucky, they'll do the "10% real juice" sunkist thing. It's like buying a swansons microwaved dinner, you know it's gonna be shitty processed food, why fucking bother.

IDGAF what anyone drinks either, but I do mock people who get all pretentious and authoritative and believe certain styles of beer are below them :)
I come across as pretentious, maybe I truly am, but I'm not interested in drinking something I don't like while it goes against my caloric intake for the day. That's just not worth it.

Yeah, I've made dry ciders, because I hate the sweet ones. I don't like them either. Maybe it's cause I didn't start my apple trees from seed though.

I don't think beers are below me, I just scoff at people who drink shit I hate - mostly cause i know better.

:nev:

Yeah, I've made dry ciders, because I hate the sweet ones. I don't like them either. Maybe it's cause I didn't start my apple trees from seed though.

I don't think beers are below me, I just scoff at people who drink shit I hate - mostly cause i know better.

:nev:

If you're not fermenting the cider in an 11th century cave built by monks, you're doing it wrong.

Duhhhhhhh