GAY Official "Letting off Steam" Thread

what of my religion was adopted from elsewhere?

I am aware that some are still calling it a Christmas tree and some are not (it's not like it has an official name)... I never have liked and continue not to like the overlap between Christmas and Chanukkah. It is counter to the very idea of our holiday, none of our other ten or so holidays we have is as much about non-conformity as Chanukkah and yet it has been the most diluted by Christianity. So either read this point and try to comprehend the point I am making or keep thinking it solely has to do with the name of a tree and read a different thread

It does have an official name. It's right there on the rockefeller center's website. It's officially called the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.

Who gives a fuck if a holiday overlaps with christmas or any other?

your first sentence was

Did you know there is a "Holiday Tree" at Rockefeller center?

That level of fucktardery means the rest of your post doesn't deserve my attention until you've been educated. Shut your whole hole.

wait he didn't know I was Jewish? haven't really been secretive about it, hell in this thread alone it is obvious

comprehension is not everyone's strong suit

like it matters what version of the same fantasy series you follow. forgotten realms > dragonlance

Last edited:
Who gives a fuck if a holiday overlaps with christmas or any other?

That level of fucktardery means the rest of your post doesn't deserve my attention until you've been educated. Shut your whole hole.

like it matters what version of the same fantasy series you follow. forgotten realms > dragonlance

I care and I explained why...thousand of Jews died to ensure that Judaism did not get swallowed by the dominant Greek society, we commemorate such a sacrifice, mixing it with the current dominant society is the opposite of the very reason they took up arms and died

and did you just compare a religion/culture to science fiction... Chanukkah is derived from an actual war that is chronicled by both Jewish and Greek historians, your generalization is not only unwarranted but in poor taste

His point was not valid because the lincoln center and the rockefeller center are not the same place.

My hatred isn't of religion, it's my hatred of people that complain there's some mythical war on religion.
He never said that Rockefeller center was calling it a holiday tree, but that many others were.

http://manhattan.about.com/od/newyo...incoln-Center/Lincoln-Center-Holiday-Tree.htm

/shrug

his point was valid. Your hatred of religion makes you unable to see it.
His point was not valid because the lincoln center and the rockefeller center are not the same place.

My hatred isn't of religion, it's my hatred of people that complain there's some mythical war on religion.

wait...a fucking brony is trying to talk about religion...shut the fuck up...

I'm qualified because both are equally fictional. Go fuck a cactus.

you didn't read my posts, I never complained about any war on religion... the starting point of the thread was stating that some are calling the Christmas tree a "Holiday" tree which is true, the conversation progressed from there

you would know these things if you read the thread instead of scanning for buzz words and assuming the rest

I can call it a sack of potatoes but that doesn't mean there's a sack of potatoes at rockefeller center. I stopped once I read something that was profoundly stupid and needed to be corrected.

Your saying there isn't?

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. People think there is one despite the fact that the holiday covers the entire month of december. Its presence has not decreased one bit since you've been alive.

Don't play the victim, no one is taking anything from you.

Last edited:
I can call it a sack of potatoes but that doesn't mean there's a sack of potatoes at rockefeller center. I stopped once I read something that was profoundly stupid and needed to be corrected.

thanks for the public service though no correction was warranted, 90% of what you wrote in response was based off of assumptions including my point and my religion to begin with