Ontopic Mormons and homophobia

It's not how I was raised. I talk a lot about how hysterical racism and such is, because it IS hysterical, but it's not who I am.

I was raised uber-Catholic. My dad talks about "fucking pakis" and "fags" from time to time, and gets pissed off when I call him on it for being a bigot. It's fun till my wife nags me for starting fights. It's more fun when we're about 6 drinks in or so.

What if the church has sex with itself? Is that a sin?

You are not supposed to have sex unless it is with your partner who you both have been bound to by the power of the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of marriage for the purpose of procreation and to teach those spawn the way of the Bible's teachings.

No it wasn't. Christians are still to follow the Ten Commandments

To hate the sin is not to be angry to the person that commits it.

No where in the 10 commandments does it say homosexual thoughts/feelings/actions are a sin. It does say, however, to love your neighbor.

You are not supposed to have sex unless it is with your partner who you both have been bound to by the power of the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of marriage for the purpose of procreation and to teach those spawn the way of the Bible's teachings.

Technically, me fucking my wife is just as bad as you and chim fucking, since we didn't get married in the church.

What if I just wanted to jerk off onto my partners elbow?
While in church.
Sin?

Technically, me fucking my wife is just as bad as you and chim fucking, since we didn't get married in the church.

Yes, you are heathens and should repent for fear of burning in a fiery pit of hell because of your hedonistic lifestyle.

No where in the 10 commandments does it say homosexual thoughts/feelings/actions are a sin. It does say, however, to love your neighbor.

It does not say to love your neighbour. That's in the new testament, as Jesus' summation of the 10 commandments. The original 10 only say not to covet your neighbour's wife and their stuff, and not to bear false witness against them.

What if I just wanted to jerk off onto my partners elbow?
While in church.
Sin?

Correct me if I am wrong, coqui or tre or other people more biblical than myself, but because you are not delivering seed to a vessel with the thought of procreation, you are committing a sin and should repent for forgiveness.

I don't know the ruling about that sort of thing being done in a house of worship, however.

Correct me if I am wrong, coqui or tre or other people more biblical than myself, but because you are not delivering seed to a vessel with the thought of procreation, you are committing a sin and should repent for forgiveness.

I don't know the ruling about that sort of thing being done in a house of worship, however.

So, technically, I could jerkit into a dixie cup, give it to a sperm bank , and I gits my ticket to heaven ++
Awesome. Ill get a bunch of dixie cups on the way home from work.

I'm not sure anymore. I think the church frowns upon condoms as well (who doesn't?) and that sex is only supposed to be used for procreation purposes, missionary style no foreplay or lube.

It does not say to love your neighbour. That's in the new testament, as Jesus' summation of the 10 commandments. The original 10 only say not to covet your neighbour's wife and their stuff, and not to bear false witness against them.

Then there is even less evidence against homosexuality. But back to Mormonism, is it really PC to be giving sermons or speeches from the pulpit blaming homosexual behavior and conduct or even those that do not practice the fine art of homosexuality but are still gay themselves for the world's issues? I find it unusual a belief system (and Mormons are not unique to this) that points the finger of blame to a group of people for some bad things that happen to people.

Ugh, I know I really shouldn't be getting into this, but who said homosexual conduct is a sin? In bible-based Christianity, it is not mentioned at all in the New Testament directly by Jesus in anyway, the Old Testament was rendered useless by Jesus' own stance, and the mistranslation of the original text has led scholars to believe there is nothing in there about homosexual conduct.

And even further, why should anyone who is a Christian hate anything? Understand the sin, sure. Pray for those who sin, sure. Support those who fight against sin, sure. Make an effort not to sin and repent for forgiveness if you have sinned, sure. Hating a sin or hating those that sin, no.

I think that it is up to debate regarding Biblical translations. I personally do not believe in sin, so I would not be the correct person to ask.

I did grow up in a religious community and there was a great deal of hate towards homosexuality. I never understood it, but it was there.

Your next point is something that I've never understood. I've always seen Jesus and Buddha as same character. Jesus promoted love and understanding. What people do in his name is despicable.

If someone tells me they will pray for me, I am touched by that. That they care enough to to speak to god about my well being. But when someone obviously doesn't agree with my lifestyle or views and says "well I will be praying for you," I usually tell them to get of the cross and go about their business.

I'm not sure anymore. I think the church frowns upon condoms as well (who doesn't?) and that sex is only supposed to be used for procreation purposes, missionary style no foreplay or lube.

Yes exactly. The act of sex is not for pleasure but merely for procreation. Any accouterments like lube or toys or unique positions detracts from the original purpose of the act.

Correct, but that's proof that Christians are to follow things in the Old Testament.

Yes it does, hence why you don't hate the sinner.