FYI London, wtf?

She's right though. Human trafficking happens all the goddamn time, even in a small place like NS it seems once a year they bust someone for sex trafficking. I can't imagine the shit that goes on in a large city like London.

And in a post-9/11 world, it seems like the crimes committed by those scary brown people get covered 10x as much. White person gets busted for it? Media doesn't cover it because it's a depressing story. Pakistani group gets busted? OH GOD BROWN PEOPLE DID THIS HORRIBLE THING.
Preety sure the Super Bowl city becomes the worldwide capital of human trafficking for about a week.

so london has had a bad few weeks ...

The Grenfell Tower inferno was so sad to watch last night...
i cant believe only 6 people have died (so far)
that fire @ 1am, looked like it would have killed way more people.

i also read that the residents ran a blog and they PREDICTED this fire... damn

nintchdbpict000331424528.jpg

so london has had a bad few weeks ...

The Grenfell Tower inferno was so sad to watch last night...
i cant believe only 6 people have died (so far)
that fire @ 1am, looked like it would have killed way more people.

i also read that the residents ran a blog and they PREDICTED this fire... damn

nintchdbpict000331424528.jpg

So, it was on the news this morning that the management company for this building actually sent out a flier advocating their fire policy of 'Stay in your room and wait for help to come'.

Not 'get the fuck out if there is a fire' but 'stay in your room and wait for help if there is a fire'

I think, once they get in, that number of 6 is going to rise.

Someone fucked up badly though, a 24 story building just doesn't burn like that without a lot of things going wrong, or a lot of corners being cut.

edit: yup, someone fucked up

Fire safeguards in Grenfell were temporarily removed during the refurbishment, according to the trade journal Inside Housing.

Safeguards intended to prevent the spread of fire from floor to floor were temporarily removed from Grenfell Tower during a refurbishment, according to documents from the planning application.

So, it was on the news this morning that the management company for this building actually sent out a flier advocating their fire policy of 'Stay in your room and wait for help to come'.

Not 'get the fuck out if there is a fire' but 'stay in your room and wait for help if there is a fire'

That's standard advice in many places where they work on a compartmental system for fire safety to be fair. Every hospital I've worked at is exactly the same (those over multiple floors and those on just one floor) - stay where you are and if the fire comes to you just move down one section.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
That's standard advice in many places where they work on a compartmental system for fire safety to be fair. Every hospital I've worked at is exactly the same (those over multiple floors and those on just one floor) - stay where you are and if the fire comes to you just move down one section.
Yes, our fire doors on the hospital floors automatically swing shut when the fire alarm goes off. We have a whole protocol we do if there were to be a fire. There is an apron thing in the nursery that we can don and stuff 4-6 newborns in, and run if necessary.

i want to see t
Yes, our fire doors on the hospital floors automatically swing shut when the fire alarm goes off. We have a whole protocol we do if there were to be a fire. There is an apron thing in the nursery that we can don and stuff 4-6 newborns in, and run if necessary.
i want to see the drill for the baby apron.

Omg I hope you never have to you the baby hooks or 6 pack aprons