FYI London, wtf?

She's right though. Human trafficking happens all the goddamn time, even in a small place like NS it seems once a year they bust someone for sex trafficking. I can't imagine the shit that goes on in a large city like London.

And in a post-9/11 world, it seems like the crimes committed by those scary brown people get covered 10x as much. White person gets busted for it? Media doesn't cover it because it's a depressing story. Pakistani group doesn't cover it? OH GOD BROWN PEOPLE DID THIS HORRIBLE THING.
It's obviously pretty fucked up no matter who does it. In some cultures it kind of lives at the fringes of criminal society and others it's pretty well tolerated.

To be fair, it wasn't all that long ago things like domestic abuse were sort of swept under the rug so to speak in American society.

Go to an American prison nowadays with a pedophilia or rape charge and you better hope nobody finds out why you're there. They have their own sort of moral code and they'll often send sex offenders to certain units with other sex offenders for their own safety. It's a liability thing.

There may well be honor among thieves.

This thread makes almost no sense to me because of how many people I've blocked on this forum. I feel really bad for those of you in the UK right now. I'm so sorry for all that you've had to endure recently. I'm glad my friends are safe.
Shaabogglie...

XFG46eK.png

2376qmav7g1z.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
She's right though. Human trafficking happens all the goddamn time, even in a small place like NS it seems once a year they bust someone for sex trafficking. I can't imagine the shit that goes on in a large city like London.

And in a post-9/11 world, it seems like the crimes committed by those scary brown people get covered 10x as much. White person gets busted for it? Media doesn't cover it because it's a depressing story. Pakistani group gets busted? OH GOD BROWN PEOPLE DID THIS HORRIBLE THING.
Plus it's kind of just a fact. Increasingly people seem to be forgetting that facts exist and opinions exist, and they're not the same thing.

so what happened in London?
Multiple terrorist attacks in the past few months. Some possibly linked to larger organizations but some just crazy people inspired by other crazy people.

American news media loses its fucking mind and reports that London is "reeling" from the attacks but in reality when Brits are leaving the areas they're making sure to keep their beers with them.

I think it's because America generally doesn't understand what it means to be under attack. One city does but most of the country has no idea. Meanwhile there's a nice German word for London being under siege so they kind of know how to keep shit in perspective.

• Gravy
Reactions: MadDog and Petunia
At £6 a pint in central London, you don't leave your drink behind just because there's a few bullets or bombs going off. Apparently a few places are still closed since the fracas. A friend is taking over the George Inn, a 17th century collonaded coaching inn, next month. It's just near London bridge, and was evacuated after things died down. it's still closed as of yesterday along with a few other pubs in the area. Knowing there's a possibility your local might be shut for days, wouldn't you take your pint with you?

At £6 a pint in central London, you don't leave your drink behind just because there's a few bullets or bombs going off. Apparently a few places are still closed since the fracas. A friend is taking over the George Inn, a 17th century collonaded coaching inn, next month. It's just near London bridge, and was evacuated after things died down. it's still closed as of yesterday along with a few other pubs in the area. Knowing there's a possibility your local might be shut for days, wouldn't you take your pint with you?
$10.50 CAD for a goddamn pint of beer? fuck. I'm amazed the locals aren't terrorizing the place for that.

Multiple terrorist attacks in the past few months. Some possibly linked to larger organizations but some just crazy people inspired by other crazy people.

American news media loses its fucking mind and reports that London is "reeling" from the attacks but in reality when Brits are leaving the areas they're making sure to keep their beers with them.

I think it's because America generally doesn't understand what it means to be under attack. One city does but most of the country has no idea. Meanwhile there's a nice German word for London being under siege so they kind of know how to keep shit in perspective.
wow.. that sucks
how many people died?
where did they attack?
who's claimed responsibility?
how does Wickie Trump feel about this