FYI London, wtf?

Paris had an attack this morning too. One dude with a hammer attacking a crowd.

From what I read, this is an incident that the press overblew because the local cops overblew and everyone over-reacted to what is a normal mundane occurrence any given week in the streets of NYC.

Man with hammer does not warrant massive swat response.

Now, if the man attacked while wearing hammerPANTS, now, that is downright terrifying.

giphy.gif

wow.. that sucks
how many people died?
where did they attack?
who's claimed responsibility?
how does Wickie Trump feel about this

too many

one was at an ariana grande concert but that wasn't in london it was in manchester but since I'm american I'm referring to the entire country as london because clearly we've stopped giving a flying fuck what our oldest allies think

ISIS but at least a couple of them have just been nutjobs who buy into dumb shit jihadist rhetoric and conspiracy theories then go ape shit like a pair of abused nerds in a high school. ISIS waits a day or so to claim responsibility

trump used it as an excuse to start a beef with the mayor of london and pretend this proves the conservative viewpoint on gun control (though few people are bringing up the reality of how bad these attacks would have been had they been able to buy guns). I assume wickie thinks that was appropriate

we live in a world with a lot of shitty people but there are so many more people like this:

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
I commend the UK Police for the fast response on the incident. I read that it only took 8 minutes for them to arrive at the scene.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Irish people and Catholics are mostly white though, so that's okay. I mean, we didn't ban Gulf War veterans after Timothy McVeigh did what he did either. White people are allowed to be individually crazy rather than lumped in with the rest of their group, right?
Neither Irish nor Catholics were treated too well here in the past, either...

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
too many

one was at an ariana grande concert but that wasn't in london it was in manchester but since I'm american I'm referring to the entire country as london because clearly we've stopped giving a flying fuck what our oldest allies think

ISIS but at least a couple of them have just been nutjobs who buy into dumb shit jihadist rhetoric and conspiracy theories then go ape shit like a pair of abused nerds in a high school. ISIS waits a day or so to claim responsibility

trump used it as an excuse to start a beef with the mayor of london and pretend this proves the conservative viewpoint on gun control (though few people are bringing up the reality of how bad these attacks would have been had they been able to buy guns). I assume wickie thinks that was appropriate

we live in a world with a lot of shitty people but there are so many more people like this:

thank you for the update

i knew about the ariana grande show
but i read something something london bridge?
eeek

wtf

thank you for the update

eeek

wtf
London bridge was the most recent of three possibly coordinated attacks. You've probably seen the guy running away carrying his beer? That's from that night. I believe there were 8 killed and something like 48 wounded.

thank you for the update

eeek

wtf

the bridge attack was, I think, the most recent

watching that dude throw shade on terrorists and give props to first responders cheers me up. homey went back to pay his bill and all

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots