Learn new and interesting words thread

And also something you put your spare tire in. :)

Putting a spare tire in your footwear would just be silly.
Stop being silly.

Lets not get too silly

colonel.jpg

I saw some sort of mennonite or amish woman wearing a bonnet downstairs the other day
looked like this

Coveri19.jpg

loquacious is a good word for this thread

puerile:
1. of or pertaining to a child or to childhood.
2. childishly foolish; immature or trivial: a puerile piece of writing.

Boot

i.e. 'trunk' in American. Did you know that?

the first time i heard that was in a douglas adams book. some guy hopped out of one of the character's boot and shot him. i was perplexed for like 5 minutes trying to figure how somebody could fit in a boot.

callipygian
One entry found.

Main Entry:
cal·li·pyg·ian Listen to the pronunciation of callipygian
Pronunciation:
\ˌka-lə-ˈpi-j(ē-)ən\
Variant(s):
also cal·li·py·gous Listen to the pronunciation of callipygous \-ˈpī-gəs\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Greek kallipygos, from kalli- + pygē buttocks
Date:
circa 1800

: having shapely buttocks
:clap:

i like to think I've got a good vocabulary.

that being said, I also notice when people are saying (or writing) big words just to "sound smart". my bro's site www.mentalmagma.com (shameless plug) is FULL of his buddies who try and one-up the others continually. gets boring, tired.

THAT being said, there are words that convey the EXACT meaning of what you're trying to say. my teen's mom would accuse my mom of "using big words to make her feel dumb" when really my mom just is an insatiable reader with a great vocab. she still says stuff to me I've no idea what she means.

shally out.

i like to think I've got a good vocabulary.

that being said, I also notice when people are saying (or writing) big words just to "sound smart". my bro's site www.mentalmagma.com (shameless plug) is FULL of his buddies who try and one-up the others continually. gets boring, tired.

THAT being said, there are words that convey the EXACT meaning of what you're trying to say. my teen's mom would accuse my mom of "using big words to make her feel dumb" when really my mom just is an insatiable reader with a great vocab. she still says stuff to me I've no idea what she means.

shally out.

When I think Shally, the first thought that comes to mind is his extensive vocabulary.