Learn new and interesting words thread

thats way to much work for a book anime. just wait for the movie where they bastardize the language so all of us common folk understand it

it's almost 50 years old and has yet to have a movie... :lol:
honestly i just have very bad vocabulary, but half the time i can follow it with context.

diction
One entry found.

Main Entry:
dic·tion Listen to the pronunciation of diction
Pronunciation:
\ˈdik-shən\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Latin diction-, dictio speaking, style, from dicere to say; akin to Old English tēon to accuse, Latin dicare to proclaim, dedicate, Greek deiknynai to show, dikē judgment, right
Date:

1obsolete : verbal description2: choice of words especially with regard to correctness, clearness, or effectiveness3 a: vocal expression : enunciation b: pronunciation and enunciation of words in singing

I don't use big words usually. Dan's vocabulary is way better than mine and I have to ask him what stuff means often. I just can't be bothered with big words. The ones I'm using now seem to work fine. Talking to Polo is difficult, but that's more because I don't know the slang he uses. I rarely look things up, I just ask for people to explain words I don't know.

I don't use big words usually. Dan's vocabulary is way better than mine and I have to ask him what stuff means often. I just can't be bothered with big words. The ones I'm using now seem to work fine. Talking to Polo is difficult, but that's more because I don't know the slang he uses. I rarely look things up, I just ask for people to explain words I don't know.

You're like me. I have found myself on many occasions using dictionary.com :eek:

:heart:

talking to me is difficult? and there i thought we were percy pongos.

dapper
ADJECTIVE: 1a. Neatly dressed; trim. b. Very stylish in dress. 2. Lively and alert.
ETYMOLOGY: Middle English daper, elegant, probably from Middle Dutch dapper, quick, strong.
OTHER FORMS: dapper·ly —ADVERB
dapper·ness —NOUN

SEE: Polo

pippin

NOUN: 1. Any of several varieties of apple. 2. The seed of a fleshy fruit; a pip. 3. Informal A person or thing that is admired.
ETYMOLOGY: Middle English pipin, from Old French pepin.