Learn new and interesting words thread

Ambrose Bierce said:
MAGNET, n. Something acted upon by magnetism.

MAGNETISM, n. Something acting upon a magnet.

The two definitions immediately foregoing are condensed from the works of one thousand eminent scientists, who have illuminated the subject with a great white light, to the inexpressible advancement of human knowledge.

/Devil's Dictionary

Crunk: (according to the t shirt from the Maxi Mall): A phenomenon which occurs when an individual becomes excited beyond one's ability to control himself.

if my digicamera worked I'd take a picture. if you guys only knew of my techie woes.

Crunk: (according to the t shirt from the Maxi Mall): A phenomenon which occurs when an individual becomes excited beyond one's ability to control himself.

if my digicamera worked I'd take a picture. if you guys only knew of my techie woes.
see, i was told that it meant alternately "crazy drunk" or "drunk and stoned" (as in chronic and drunk)

from wikipedia:

Traditionally, crunk meant a hoarse, harsh cry.[3] The term is often used as slang to mean intoxicated. Folk etymology suggests the modern usage of crunk originated as a portmanteau of the words "crazy" and "drunk" or having been "cranked up" to a level of excitability at which one becomes "crunk". But it is most accurately defined as being drunk and high at the same time, however Rapper Lil Jon defined crunk as a "state of heightened excitement" to make it sound like a more commercial feeling.

I wonder what it was. I want some.

Hi FG. Long time no see. I know there was a thread about this but I didn't feel like spamming it without any real purpose. :) :heart:

Word and it's probably just an opiate.

blore
to bleat like an animal (archaic)

Also my propensity to call people pathetic in a NICE way is affirmed by webster.

pathetic
1 : having a capacity to move one to either compassionate or contemptuous pity

tautology

1. needless repetition of an idea, esp. in words other than those of the immediate context, without imparting additional force or clearness, as in “widow woman.”
2. an instance of such repetition.
3. Logic.
a. a compound propositional form all of whose instances are true, as “A or not A.”
b. an instance of such a form, as “This candidate will win or will not win.”