ITT Recipe Exchange

I'm a little late in coming to this thread but thought I'd had one of Knyte's favorite recipes (to eat, not cook, he doesn't cook. Can someone on here fix that for me?)

Tangy Sirloin Strips

1/4 C veggie oil
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb Boneless Sirloin steak
4 bacon strips
Lemon Pepper Seasoning

Glaze:
1/2 C bbq sauce
1/2 C steak sauce
1/2 C honey
1 tbsp molasses

In a large resealable bag, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cut steak into wide strips (about 1 inch each); add to the marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight, turning once. Discard marinade. Wrap a strip of bacon around each steak piece; secure with a toothpick (I just do mine on skewers). Sprinkle with lemon pepper. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill steak, covered, over med-low heat for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat reaches desired doneness. Combine the glaze ingredients, brush over steak. Grill until glase is heated.

kiwi said:
I'm a little late in coming to this thread but thought I'd had one of Knyte's favorite recipes (to eat, not cook, he doesn't cook. Can someone on here fix that for me?)

Tangy Sirloin Strips

1/4 C veggie oil
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb Boneless Sirloin steak
4 bacon strips
Lemon Pepper Seasoning

Glaze:
1/2 C bbq sauce
1/2 C steak sauce
1/2 C honey
1 tbsp molasses

In a large resealable bag, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cut steak into wide strips (about 1 inch each); add to the marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight, turning once. Discard marinade. Wrap a strip of bacon around each steak piece; secure with a toothpick (I just do mine on skewers). Sprinkle with lemon pepper. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill steak, covered, over med-low heat for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat reaches desired doneness. Combine the glaze ingredients, brush over steak. Grill until glase is heated.
Oh gosh :drool:

I think I just threw my diet out the window with this one

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Oh gosh :drool:

I think I just threw my diet out the window with this one

Thorn Bird said:
that DOES sound good, kiwi. you, here. nothing on but apron. cook now.

Anytime either one of you want to come visit me I'd be happy to make it for you. We also found a hot little number from VS that I'm going to get after it will fit me again we could work into the deal. ;)

ok, i have a bad habit of tearing out recipes that look good and never attempting them, but i keep them. does anyone else have a massive collection of recipes, and if so, how do you store them? i'm trying to try them now and figure out if they're keepers or not, but in the meantime, i've got to figure out what to do with the odd collection of big, small, random recipes.

Thorn Bird said:
ok, i have a bad habit of tearing out recipes that look good and never attempting them, but i keep them. does anyone else have a massive collection of recipes, and if so, how do you store them? i'm trying to try them now and figure out if they're keepers or not, but in the meantime, i've got to figure out what to do with the odd collection of big, small, random recipes.

wallpaper your kitchen in them?

I stuff mine in a tin box that's actually well sized for the task. It's not very organized, but that's okay with me.

Thorn Bird said:

My suggestion, take a trip to Office Depot, Staples or your local grocery store and get yourself an organizer that will hold your largest recipe. I do that for my credit card receipts.

Thorn Bird said:

I have an entire cupboard dedicated to recipe books and food magazines. Every once in a while I'll go through the magazines and write down the ones I like into a binder, then throw out the magazines. I am almost out of space in that cupboard, and may soon take over another one.

Thorn Bird said:

I keep them at foodnetwork.com and print them out when needed. :fly:

*Fuxx Burger* said:
PENNE WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE

1 1/2 teaspoons oil
1/2 pound boneless pork chops, thinly sliced
1 pound penne or other tubular pasta, freshly cooked
1/2 hot house cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons natural or old-fashioned peanut butter
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

To prepare the penne:
Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over high heat. Add pork to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until pork is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Cool completely.
Rinse pasta under cold water to cool. Drain well. Combine pasta, cucumber, bell pepper, green onions, cilantro and pork in large bowl. Add enough peanut sauce to season to taste. Serve pasta immediately.
To make the sauce:
Whisk ingredients to blend in bowl.

Makes 4 servings.

This was excellent. Thanks!

bast_imret said:
In my Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, I came across a honest-to-god recipe for porcupine. Anyone interested? :fly:
The joy of cooking has recipes for squirrels in it, including how to skin it.