How much weight do you think i can lose in 1 year?

I am planning on doing the same thing in the near future. I dont plan on losing much weight but I wanna drop the flab. I was saying about 25 pounds but I think I am actually gonna shoot for about 35/40.

Tish got me a scale for my birthday (yes, i asked for one), and to my horror, my fat ass is up to 240 pounds.

Ive set my goal for this time next year at 190-200, maybe more since i want to add some bulk. Think i can do it? markler to the one who correctly guesses my weight in 1 years time?

I may even make a picture show of it, taking a picture of my self every week or month, showing my flabby progress. Dunno if i want your peeping eyes looking at me.

good idea? bad idea? doomed to failure?
I'm in the process of losing 35 pounds... I lost my first 10 in like 2 weeks I think? It's all about proper diet and exercise. I have 25 left to go and my goal is the end of March, which shouldn't be a problem at all so I think if you're really dedicated to it you can achieve your goal in a year without a problem at all.

Good luck!!

I am doing the weight watchers thing. It really works for me so far. The whole portion control and making "lower fat choices is very helpful to me.

I have lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks, just from changing my eating habits. Only 50 more pounds to go for me! Wheeee. (Yes...I am FAT!)

You shouldn't be starving though. You should space out 6 or 7 small meals througout your day so you raise your metabolism, your stomach is never empty and you don't get those starving pangs.

With my diet, it's 2-3 ounces of lean protein and 1 cup of greens every 2 hours. It gets to the point where I'm like... jesus, I have to eat AGAIN? I'm not even hungry... but it makes your metabolism skyrocket and it's healthy, which in teh long run will help you keep whatever weight you lose off.

You shouldn't be starving though. You should space out 6 or 7 small meals througout your day so you raise your metabolism, your stomach is never empty and you don't get those starving pangs.

With my diet, it's 2-3 ounces of lean protein and 1 cup of greens every 2 hours. It gets to the point where I'm like... jesus, I have to eat AGAIN? I'm not even hungry... but it makes your metabolism skyrocket and it's healthy, which in teh long run will help you keep whatever weight you lose off.

im a boredom eater. and im bored a lot here at work. as long as i keep my mind busy, i really dont think about it.

this is along the lines of what i was going to suggest. i have gestational diabetes again, so i'm going to be going back on the six-meal-a-day plan. this is a very limited carb plan with no limit on proteins and fats (but obviously the less fat, the more you're going to lose.) i found last time that my body really responded to this method, and i was the same way as zen...omg, i have to eat again?? but i was pregnant, and in 10 weeks, i never gained a pound. that meant that the baby was gaining as my body was losing. i came out of having a baby lighter than i was when i got pregnant.
if you want details about it, you can pm me for more info. or just look up a diabetic diet. it's a lifestyle, not necessarily a "diet".

I am doing the weight watchers thing. It really works for me so far. The whole portion control and making "lower fat choices is very helpful to me.

I have lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks, just from changing my eating habits. Only 50 more pounds to go for me! Wheeee. (Yes...I am FAT!)

and i thought i was the only fat girl around here. :D (i'm fat sans baby.) maybe we should do this thing together. i want to lose more like 70 pounds after the baby. we can have a fat girl club! :D :heart:

So far just cutting my portions to healthy amounts, keeping myself from snacking on unhealthy crap (if I absolutely NEED a snack, an orange or apple will do) and eating regular meals (not skipping and not eating at weird times) I've managed to drop a consistant 7 lbs or so in about a week (weight fluctuates, but the difference between prior weight and current weight is at least 7 lbs, depending on what time of day, etc. Sometimes it looks like more, but my heaviest weight now vs my lightest weight before, 7lbs) I've got a long way to go though, I want to drop at the very least 40 more pounds. I've also started working out, I'm taking a Savate class, and I push myself wicked hard.
The scale is a cruel mistress, it's been known to have me in tears some days :lol:

and i thought i was the only fat girl around here. :D (i'm fat sans baby.) maybe we should do this thing together. i want to lose more like 70 pounds after the baby. we can have a fat girl club! :D :heart:

I am so in!! You let me know when that baby comes out and we can hold each other accountable on here or through emails. I would not mind losing 70 lbs either, but everyone tells me that is too much weight to loose. :rolleyes:

this is along the lines of what i was going to suggest. i have gestational diabetes again, so i'm going to be going back on the six-meal-a-day plan. this is a very limited carb plan with no limit on proteins and fats (but obviously the less fat, the more you're going to lose.) i found last time that my body really responded to this method, and i was the same way as zen...omg, i have to eat again?? but i was pregnant, and in 10 weeks, i never gained a pound. that meant that the baby was gaining as my body was losing. i came out of having a baby lighter than i was when i got pregnant.
if you want details about it, you can pm me for more info. or just look up a diabetic diet. it's a lifestyle, not necessarily a "diet".

:lol: I actually bought a diet exercise plan from an infomercial... I like it because it's pretty personalized, you go through a questionaire about your eating habits, your family history and your medical stuff and then it pinpoints an effective diet for your dominant and secondary weight issues... then you go through and customize an exercise plan targeting areas of your body you have issues with.

I know I'm a silly girl, but it's actually working and all of the health professionals I consulted prior to begining it remarked at how good it seemed. I dunno *shrug*

:lol: I actually bought a diet exercise plan from an infomercial... I like it because it's pretty personalized, you go through a questionaire about your eating habits, your family history and your medical stuff and then it pinpoints an effective diet for your dominant and secondary weight issues... then you go through and customize an exercise plan targeting areas of your body you have issues with.

I know I'm a silly girl, but it's actually working and all of the health professionals I consulted prior to begining it remarked at how good it seemed. I dunno *shrug*

who cares where it came from so long as it works for you!! :clap: for finding something. that's the hardest part...finding something your body responds to that you don't have to kill yourself to do.

I am so in!! You let me know when that baby comes out and we can hold each other accountable on here or through emails. I would not mind losing 70 lbs either, but everyone tells me that is too much weight to loose. :rolleyes:

well, you are going to be more able to tell once some of the weight comes off. you might get to 50 and realize that's a good size for you. or you might want to go for a few more pounds.

i know my goal is my first-year college weight, so i don't even know if that's possible anymore...i WAS 18 with no prior childbirthing. it might be that 50 pounds for me is good enough. i'm not looking to be skinny and girly. i want my athletic build back and that's it. i want to feel good. i don't much care what i look like to anyone else. (obviously since i'm a horse. :fly:)
i do know that once i realized that losing five pounds did make a difference, it was a lot of encouragement for me. i figured that since i had so much weight to lose, five pounds wasn't anything. but it is, and if you take it five pounds at a time, it's so much easier and more rewarding!

fat girls' club unite!! :april: :fly:

I just need some way to stay motivated to work out. I'm in terrible shape and would really like to change that but exercising just always ends up on the bottom of my list of things to do.