Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Step one, I passed (failed?) my breathing test. They clamped the sensor on and we went for a walk around the clinic. Within 30 seconds she says, “Yep, you qualify.” Then she hooked me up with a portable tank of oxygen and we repeated the walk. My oxygen level stayed at 98%, a number I haven’t seen on a meter in at least five years. Holy moley.

The weirdest part was even after being detached from it and going home, I still felt great for almost an hour. I nearly got out my vacuum cleaner and went to work. I couldn’t allow my hopes to rise yet though, because I still had no information on cost.

I later received a call from the service company and got a quote (less than $40 a month!) and set an appointment for this morning for delivery of a concentrator (machine) and a portable unit. Yay! I’m keeping my expectations low though (it’s my nature) but if I experience results like yesterday, my house will be clean again in no time. I may even start making music again. The drum set and guitars are pretty dusty.

Fuckin A motherfuckers

Step one, I passed (failed?) my breathing test. They clamped the sensor on and we went for a walk around the clinic. Within 30 seconds she says, “Yep, you qualify.” Then she hooked me up with a portable tank of oxygen and we repeated the walk. My oxygen level stayed at 98%, a number I haven’t seen on a meter in at least five years. Holy moley.

The weirdest part was even after being detached from it and going home, I still felt great for almost an hour. I nearly got out my vacuum cleaner and went to work. I couldn’t allow my hopes to rise yet though, because I still had no information on cost.

I later received a call from the service company and got a quote (less than $40 a month!) and set an appointment for this morning for delivery of a concentrator (machine) and a portable unit. Yay! I’m keeping my expectations low though (it’s my nature) but if I experience results like yesterday, my house will be clean again in no time. I may even start making music again. The drum set and guitars are pretty dusty.

Fuckin A motherfuckers
thats awesome man, that should go a long way to helping you feel better.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and Josh

Fuckin A motherfuckers
This makes me more excited than it should. I love you man.

Fuckin A motherfuckers
Awesome stuff geez

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and Josh
Just no smoking with the O2 on. Don't need to burn yourself and your house down. People laugh, but that shit happens all the time.
Oh and make sure you get a really long air tube so you can go anywhere in your place without having to drag the concentrator around.

I haven’t smoked a cigarette in over five years or pot in over a year now. Vape pot! Much cleaner. Even my pulmonologist has no problem with me vaping pot.

I got the machine(s) yesterday and have been using it since it arrived. One machine concentrates the oxygen and sends it to me through a fifty foot hose. The other machine is for tank filling, along with two tanks. Each one lasts 5 hours. They weigh a ton considering how small they are.

I was a little let down that I didn’t get the same “jolt” from it like the day before, but then I remembered that the day before, I was having a great day before being hooked up. Today, I was practically on the floor all morning prior to the stuff arriving. I had a different starting point.

I monitored my oxygen level off and on for the rest of the day and never dropped below 90%, and hovered around 96-97% while sitting. I have never seen that number on an O2 meter, ever, except when someone else was wearing it LOL.

Thanks for all the kind words! You effers are awesome.

PS

I made sure to have Matlock on the TV when the delivery gals arrived and pointed out that I did it so they’d know they were at the right house when they knocked. One of them said “I used to watch that with my grandpa” and I said “Ouch!” We all had a good chuckle.