Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Oh, this forum needs some marinara. Let's do this!

giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
i don’t think it was lactic acid build up.
i don’t feel itchy at all
more like a burning + heaviness. i have to elevate my feet/legs and try not to walk

it is the weirdest feeling on earth. i really hope it’s not my kidneys cuz they are already functioning at less than 80%
Omg do you need one of my kidneys or would the lupus attack it?

What the fuck is a frozen shoulder?

Is this some quack homeopathy shit?
No dude, do a quick Google or ask your wife. Its a well known medical thing. I had frozen shoulder a few times ago 10 years ago when I worked at the pain clinic. My work in the past few months has caused my body to overdo my shoulder in ways that have fucked it up through driving an automatic so many hour a a day.

No dude, do a quick Google or ask your wife. Its a well known medical thing. I had frozen shoulder a few times ago 10 years ago when I worked at the pain clinic. My work in the past few months has caused my body to overdo my shoulder in ways that have fucked it up through driving an automatic so many hour a a day.

I did.

You have the beetus.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
From the Mayo Clinic:

Frozen shoulder, also known as adhesive capsulitis, is a condition characterized by stiffness and pain in your shoulder joint. Signs and symptoms typically begin gradually, worsen over time and then resolve, usually within one to three years.

Your risk of developing frozen shoulder increases if you're recovering from a medical condition or procedure that prevents you from moving your arm — such as a stroke or a mastectomy.

Treatment for frozen shoulder involves range-of-motion exercises and, sometimes, corticosteroids and numbing medications injected into the joint capsule. In a small percentage of cases, arthroscopic surgery may be indicated to loosen the joint capsule so that it can move more freely.

It's unusual for frozen shoulder to recur in the same shoulder, but some people can develop it in the opposite shoulder.

• Gravy
Furthermore:

The condition occurs more commonly in people with diabetes and in people who've kept their arm immobilized for a long period of time.
Symptoms may start gradually and resolve within one or two years.
Treatment involves stretching and sometimes injecting corticosteroids and numbing medications into the joint capsule. In some cases, surgery is used to loosen the joint capsule.

• Gravy