Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

@Ledboots
I've bee having sharp chest pains for two days...

It's all around and above my left breast
Sometimes when I take a deep breath I get that jabby feeling and sometimes it radiates up to the side of my neck and even my shoulder

Is it lupus ?
Please advise

H. pylori survivor

radiating pain into left arm = heart attack symptom. But if you'd been heart attacking for two days, youd probably be dead.

So today I took my first Allegra. What's the big deal, right?
Most of these miracle antihistamines contain pseudoephedrine, and I have very strong reactions to speedy drugs.

The active ingredient wasn't pseudoephedrine so I bought it. Takes 80% of my symptoms away, and feels slightly pleasant.
Duly noted..

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Why would I have a heart attack
Obv this isn't one
Heart disease is the #1 killer of women. So many women don't think that they can have a heart attack.

Not saying that you're having one, just saying that you probably shouldn't be too hasty to say that you aren't having some sort of heart issue when the symptoms are close enough

Heart disease is the #1 killer of women. So many women don't think that they can have a heart attack.

Not saying that you're having one, just saying that you probably shouldn't be too hasty to say that you aren't having some sort of heart issue when the symptoms are close enough

Ugh I guess...
like I feel the pain RIGHT NOW and I'm just in bed.
I've only had breakfast.

H. pylori survivor

@Ledboots
I've bee having sharp chest pains for two days...

It's all around and above my left breast
Sometimes when I take a deep breath I get that jabby feeling and sometimes it radiates up to the side of my neck and even my shoulder

Is it lupus ?
Please advise

H. pylori survivor
Omg, me too... in the shower today it caught my breath. I was scared to take a deep breath, then it went away after a few moments like it always does...

• Gravy
Reactions: Applesauce

you're not wrong, but it's also worth noting that women often experience very different symptoms from what are considered "classic" symptoms, which is one huge reason why heart issues are often missed in women until it's too late

Keeks! I was just kidding! Where did you gooooooo?

Mourn me bitch

7d20a08e25a6386c98baaa7ca518ee11.jpg

H. pylori survivor

This is exactly what I have
When I take a deep breath it KILLS and I'm afraid to breathe

H. pylori survivor
I get things like that every once in a while. It feels like someone is stabbing me in the chest with a tomahawk. But it's the lung, and apparently they're nothing to worry about.

Sign’s that sharp chest pain isn’t a heart blockage:

• Sharp chest pains that get worse with taking a breath
  • Sharp chest pain that is very short in duration - just a few seconds
  • Sharp stabbing pains that are worse when you press on the chest
  • When movement aggravates your sharp pains
It's the not so sharp pains that are a concern.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia