Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

My foot has an ouchie :(

Saw the ortho today, no running for a couple of weeks and I got a topical anti inflammatory that is making me taste metal in my mouth. Oh and an order for PT.

:(

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
When I was working on the Cadillac yesterday, I dropped a bolt from the starter (1/2" diameter, and probably about a pound) on my Neanderthal-like brow ridge, now I have a bruise there and it hurts.

@Ledboots
Got sent to a sonogram this morning (nonemergency, just first opening VA had.)
The labs for my annual checkup had some elevated something or others that the doc was concerned with (I have yet to meet with the doc, so I have no clue what is actually going on) so they sent me to get my liver and gallbladder radared.

Any thoughts as to what might be up?

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
@Ledboots
The labs for my annual checkup had some elevated something or others that the doc was concerned with (I have yet to meet with the doc, so I have no clue what is actually going on) so they sent me to get my liver and gallbladder radared.

Do you have a copy of the labs? Could have been elevated liver enzymes, or they might suspect gallstones. Do you get pain in the upper right quadrant of your abdomen, especially after eating fatty foods?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Do you have a copy of the labs? Could have been elevated liver enzymes, or they might suspect gallstones. Do you get pain in the upper right quadrant of your abdomen, especially after eating fatty foods?

Last torso pain I had was when I pulled a muscle in my back a couple months back. Other than my normal knee pain, I feel 100%

I haven't seen the labs, just a letter stating what the doc was concerned with

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Last torso pain I had was when I pulled a muscle in my back a couple months back. Other than my normal knee pain, I feel 100%

Then my wild guess is elevated liver enzymes. They are probably trying to rule out a liver issue (fatty liver or related) or gallstones. It's not uncommon for the labs to be high once, and then back to normal.

Just to be on the safe side until you get the results, avoid tylenol, especially if drinking alcohol. Usually a single case of high liver labs turns out to be nothing at all.

@Ledboots

Are you pregnant

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and APRIL