Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I don't know with 100% certainty, but I'm at least 99% certain my finger was bitten by a black widow spider. It almost sent me to the dr. It was throbbing pain, my finger was swollen to nearly twice it's normal size, I was extremely fatigued fore about three days, and the gf started getting concerned because she saw me acting a bit off. That was Tuesday night. By Wednesday morning the throbbing had stopped, by saturday the swelling had gone away and by sunday I was pretty much better. then sunday night, the skin around what looks like a single bite mark started to peel off. I now have a layer of skin about the size of a dime on the tip of my finger and the depth of about two-three pieces of paper that is gone, exposing the raw red flesh below. Gotta keep that shit clean to it doesn't get infected...

I killed a brown recluse two days ago, cause I'm the Great Protector.
We have widows in certain areas around our place.

We also have a bazillion Cellar Spiders. I strategically place these spiders around the house to kill off flies and other unwanted guests (like black widows). They are pretty much my personal Army. I'm like a 5-star General.

I don't know with 100% certainty, but I'm at least 99% certain my finger was bitten by a black widow spider. It almost sent me to the dr. It was throbbing pain, my finger was swollen to nearly twice it's normal size, I was extremely fatigued fore about three days, and the gf started getting concerned because she saw me acting a bit off. That was Tuesday night. By Wednesday morning the throbbing had stopped, by saturday the swelling had gone away and by sunday I was pretty much better. then sunday night, the skin around what looks like a single bite mark started to peel off. I now have a layer of skin about the size of a dime on the tip of my finger and the depth of about two-three pieces of paper that is gone, exposing the raw red flesh below. Gotta keep that shit clean to it doesn't get infected...
I used to play with these little bitches as a kid. Never once received a bite.

You must have really pissed off this spider.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and Peppers
If you die can i have your watch?

What is it with you and injuries to your hands
Feel better boo

Colombian Euchre

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Yikessssss. Yer suppose to check every single thing before you put it on! Sheesshhh
lololololol I've lived with them in all of my houses, some had them worse than others. Never been a problem. Also, it wouldn't be the first time I had a piece of dirt or a tiny piece of a stick poke me when I put the gloves on. So, if that's where it happened, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. I've had things poke my fingers in there so often that a little prick here and there when I put them on isn't anything to be concerned about.

lololololol I've lived with them in all of my houses, some had them worse than others. Never been a problem. Also, it wouldn't be the first time I had a piece of dirt or a tiny piece of a stick poke me when I put the gloves on. So, if that's where it happened, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. I've had things poke my fingers in there so often that a little prick here and there when I put them on isn't anything to be concerned about.
I know. I was always told, "it's gonna be that ONE time you don't check" :cool::(